Remove moira auto lock

Well, that and the mountain of nerfs directed right at him help on that front. :laughing::ok_hand:

1 Like

For a wooping 50 dps. You should be able to out damage her. If she uses her orbs she just wasted an oppurtunity to heal her team, leaving her team vulnerable to damage.

1 Like

Bad excuse, she can still kill people in 2 seconds and then fade back to heal her team which is what most moiras do.

You were badly postioned then

if your squishy team mates are over exteneded and positioned wrong then yes Moira is unforgiving just like any other hero, if you stick with your tanks or healers she can do nothing, thats called positioning

AND

if youre a flanker git gud kill her and stop complaining

2 Likes

thats the only thing i can get behind.
not because her weapon is so good or anything,
but because i often see bad moiras who dont focus enough on healing.
i play her quite a lot, so seeing people completely ignore her left mouse button kinda hurts…

And? You realize every other support (important: support, not DPS) outdamages her, yes? That’s why she has a relatively lenient hitbox on her attack, to make up for that.

Plus, it’s not like you’d magically get Moiras to heal by making it more difficult for them to hit targets. Quite the opposite in fact: Without being able to quickly hit enemies in a snap moment, they’d heal less. That’s the core design of the character after all, and in fact what sets her apart from the other healers. She’s terribly at damaging people, yet she has to damage someone.

What she is good at, and I think yours and others reactions show this exemplary well, is killing comparatively new/bad/slow players. Her self-healing nature coupled with easy hitboxes makes for a strong hero in bronze and lowest silver. Beyond that you can generally assume that people know that she is actually both frail AND needs a lot of time to kill someone comparing anyone else in the game.

1 Like

Is this a troll post?

2 Likes

no but yours definitely is :stuck_out_tongue:

Uhhh okay

Assuming they can land nothing but headshots is the only way to beat a moira whereas she just needs to get the cursor over your hog size hitbox. She is the accessible character devs talk about like brig. Btw expecting coordination in qp is a joke. Funny when people pretend every game is a competitive scrim.

1. Youre playing QP filled with DPS moiras
  2. You dont need all headshots as you do more damage than her anyway
  3. If you have a moira bothering and constantly killing you then switch to something else

it seems you just dont know how to deal with her or have bad aim, as shes really not that hard to fight against

4 Likes

In a certain way I understand that, but keep in mind that the players who play Moira as DPS only (terrible as that is and it is really really bad for the team because basically any other choice - including some other supports and all tanks would be better at dealing damage) are not mentally playing a support.

That is to say, if you take their “DPS-toy” on Moira away, they’re not going to heal. They’re going to be playing something else.

Now you could argue that it’s still good because it frees Moira up for an actual healer. Sure. But then Moira would be super lame for an actual support player to play if she didn’t have this evenly-matched duality.

I mean as a support main, I’d love the opposite. More reliance on draining, but stronger damage and stronger healing which drains the energy even faster. Even more duality. But I know that won’t happen, and for good reason: Moira is balanced for having one of the lowest damage outputs in the whole game and pretty much the slowest TTK.

Wait a sec. You’re playing without a pre-made team? I don’t mind playing QP, in fact I’d not touch Ranked with a 10-foot pole given the attitude of people in there, but what good is your input on balance if you don’t have people actually working together to get that input from? O.o

It’s not, but as Moira herself says: Stupidity is not a right!

You don’t balance for stupid players. You can’t change them anyhow. Like I said a few times now, take the DPS toys of Moira away and those players won’t heal you either. They’ll snipe with Zenny, never applying the orb (actually more deadly than a Moira). They’ll whack away with Brigitte, only healing because they can’t turn it off (actually more deadly than a Moira). They’ll snipe as Ana, only sometimes randomly hitting your butt and cursing because you got in the way (actually significantly more deadly than a Moira). They might pistol on a Mercy (also more deadly than a Moira!). They’re that Lucio playing speed song constantly (also more deadly than a Moira).

Once again a moira telling everyone else they have bad aim what a joke. No I just don’t think shes a good character for a competitive e-sport game, raise her skill floor and give her more damage for all i care but get rid of these ridiculous hog size hitboxes, it’s impossible to take her seriously while having to hear the moira mains parrot that everyone’s else’s aim is terrible. I really hope she gets the nerf hammer soon or at least a rework like I said to raise the skill floor, even if it meant buffing her I would be okay with it, take this lazy crap out of the game.

may i barge into your conversation?

killing moira isnt that hard. her dps is 50 and self-healing 30,
assuming she has 100% accuracy.
which she usually doesnt. its more like 60%. yes, even with her big hitbox weapon.
so she has about 30-40 actual DPS and about 20 healing per second.
which means, in terms of raw dps, that even winstons weapon is stronger.
every dps hero has a weapon strong enough to kill moira much faster
than she can kill them. yes, even sombra.

and what is the big problem with an enemy moira being played as dps?
in the end, zen is a dps with some healing, too. and soldier is a dps with some healing.

but i know, getting killed by moira doesnt “feel good” because she blatantly demonstrates to you that your… skill wasnt enough to defeat her.
aim, reaction times, positioning, etc. she outplayed you, and you dont like it.

3 Likes

Already not autolock, so mission accomplished

2 Likes

She can insta ko you in 2 seconds with beam + orb, nuff said.

1 Like

hog sized hitbocccccccc

1 Like

and even sombra can ko you in even less than that. case closed.

1 Like