Remove Mercy's Slingshot Superjump already

Last I checked, Mccree’s love to high noon that woman out of the sky. Same with Solider at times.

Edit: Also Moiras, for some reason Moira’s uses their coal on the Mercy? If she can kill her then. . . umm okay but with the self healing and the dmg from the coal, eh.

Just because it wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes or in her hero information doesn’t mean it’s not intentional or it’s not an ability. If they found it a issue they would have removed it when they found out about it

Also I don’t see why you are trying to ruin mercy more I mean you guys ruined mass Rez then you ruined Rez and also her healing so you have no right to complain

EDIT: this is general discussion thread and shouldn’t be in Bug Report

3 Likes

“you guys” who you talking to? do you think I’m a part of a mob or something?
Mass Rez remove was absolutely deserved, imagine struggling to wipe a team on 2CP attack just to see a Mercy coming in from her hiding spot and ressing everyone, the effort difference was insane and it’s a blessing that Mass Rez not part of the game anymore.
Her healing nerf was deserved too cuz it was impossible for Winston to execute a dive on a target or healers, since Mercy was solo shutting him down by pocketing the target or both healers pocketing each others (60 healing per second vs 55 dmg per second).
Also I have all the rights in the world to complain about anything I want, it’s not up to you to decide who has the better claim, that’s the point of a forum.

It’s bug report because Slingshot it’s a glitch/exploit caused by a weird and unpracticle interaction of buttons not featured in any patch notes, therefore not intended.

How is that deserved? Because one hero can counter a hero? Isn’t that how it all works? Isn’t that how a meta gets in place?

False, a function made accidentaly by the system but acknowledged by the devs and then purposely not removing it actually makes it not a bug.

Rather a feature, the #bug-report is made to report unintentional things, but it isn’t unintentional if it’s acknowledged by them not removing it. So please do move this to #general-discussion due to it being a suggestion not a bug report

As I said before, it’s all about effort difference.
Valkyrie Mercy 1.0 countering Winston (the best main tank in early 2018) just by pressing LMB and doing nothing alse was not balanced.
Also two healers pocketing each others and becoming unkillable was not balanced.

Stop repeating this, where is the proof.

Fair enough, couldn’t find anything on it. Yet i’d find it highly weird that they wouldn’t know about it since forums have been full with it and alot of videos debating it.

This wouldn’t go unacknowledged.

Unkillable by one hero, high damage output is needed in some situations. This would be one. If they were pocketing each other they can’t help the rest of their team opening up. Making that strategy useless, unless contesting. But i’d doubt 6v2 wouldn’t go well.

The nerf on Mercy’s primary healing was done when burst damage heroes were off meta picks or not viable at all, except Widowmaker. Maybe you can now realize how busted 60hp/s was.

Alright i see, but why do you want the superjump removed? It’s practically the last good thing she has left. She’s already utter dirt.

• I don’t think she is that bad tbh, since Pharmercy has always been good and Winston is gonna be viable again, it’s just not broken as she used to be with 5k Resses and Valkyrie 1.0. Mercy one tricks (this is not directly at you) need to understand that their low skill cap hero can’t be dominant over high skill cap supports in terms of value and all-time pickrate. Old Mercy used to be a must pick at every rank on every map with every team compostion, not playing Mercy was considered throwing, now you go Mercy if you have Pharah or Widow/Hanzo/Ashe as DPS (for safe mobility and damage boost value), or Winston/WB/Dva as tanks (to keep up with their mobility in order to heal them properly). Nowadays I don’t even consider someone playing Mercy throwing tbh, it depends on how you play it.

• I don’t want the superjump exploit in the game because players are abusing it whenever they can, Mercy is not balanced around it and it’s unpracticle: a combo of crouch+shift (which you will never do if this was not a thing, that’s an unnatural habit and it’s a common red flag for unwanted glitch in every kind of games) only at the perfect distance from one of your teammates, resulting in the code messing up Mercy’s momentum and launching her vertically for no reason.

As simple as that, that’s my opinion.

It isn’t a bug, have you seen them ever say it was? No did they announce it was a bug? No. So it isn’t a glitch and it’s not a exploit. Your argument is pathetic

Also mass Rez, yeah your apart of the “mob” if you just said it yourself it was well needed to be nerfed so back up :joy:

If you wanna make a thread when a lot of the player base is already talking about mercy, and you want to bring your little thread about nerfing her ONCE again because you feel like she’s to OVERPOWERED because she has a super jump and you can’t even land a shot on her then expect some arguments because it’s pathetic excuse to nerf her :joy: we all know you just hate her

Ok anon this is how it works, something is called as a bug only when devs announce that they fixed it. There is no point in the devs addressing something a bug AND not fixing it too.

I’m not, I have no idea what are you talking about.
I guess you are part of a mob judging from your aggression.

I literally said I don’t and that she is balanced, but not around an abused exploit. Just read instead of assuming things.

PS: Also I don’t see how removing an exploit can be considered a nerf, by definition it’s something that should not be there in the first place.

I didn’t assume, your title was enough to clearly state what you are trying to say. You wanna nerf her because people are “abusing her ability” right…right… do you know what it’s called? Its called playing the game. Second this “exploit” you so referred too these past couple of days have been “abused” for years. Don’t you think Blizzard would have resolved this issue by now if it was a bug? I think not. Second your whole “you think I’m apart of some mob” refers to you being apart of the nerf mercy group which you have clearly shown that you wanted her to be nerfed in these posts. coming from a golden border who is in plat who calls me aggressive when I’m expressing how I feel about your pathetic argument because I’m over everyone trying to nerf mercy more into the ground is not aggressive it’s called telling you the truth and I don’t care how you may see this as “aggressive” or “rude”. If you want to make a thread about my Main because you think it’s being abused I’m going to reply to this thread and I have all grounds to stand on telling you how wrong you are about trying to get rid of it when it’s not a bug

And yet again this thread should be in a general discussion forums because it isn’t a bug or Blizzard would have addressed it a while back including a patch that would have fixed it

:slight_smile: also keep complaining yeah?? Maybe they will resolve your little “bug” :smirk::grin:

Also commenting from your post in the past about “animation cancellation” being a thing from the start of the game and mercy “slingshot” or as normal people call it super jump was most likely in the game since the beginning, people had probably just found out at a time you think it was “randomly appeared”

EDIT: Also I like how you said it’s a bug because people in your eyes are abusing this “exploit”. Like all of a sudden you wanna complain about it. Like no one else in this game cares she can super jump

No it’s called abusing an exploit.

Nah it wasn’t in the game.

That’s the point of the whole thread.

Assumptions Andy, show proofs then.

Really? Your argument is now rank shaming? That’s kinda easy to do since you are private profile, and that’s kinda easy for me to flag you for trolling and not replying to you again.

I already answered this, go back and read my answer.

1 Like

Your gonna flag me cause you know your wrong :joy: Also if your so curious I’m diamond near masters plat 4 star border if that gives you comfort :joy:

Go ahead, I have clearly shown that your wrong, and you know it’s not a bug. You just wanna nerf her for the sake of causing trouble

1 Like

You say that with a private profile
:joy:

2 Likes

The ego behind this.
All you did was assuming things and providing zero evidence or backup to your statements.
When pushed to a corner, you started talking nonsense, joy emojing and rank shaming.
Yikes.

You also accused OP of being part of a mob, the “We hate Mercy” mob, when he clearly said that Mercy is balanced and in a good state at the moment, and the fact that she is meta or not has nothing to do with the slingshot fix OP is asking.

Judging from your behaviour I think you are the one being part of a mob. I thought your kind got purged from the forum when Aria Rose did her raid along with her initiates, and the banwave followed.

I know very well how you feel, all your abusable low skill cap support heroes have been tweaked down and balanced (first Mercy, then Brig, now it’s Moira time) and you can’t maintain your current rank anymore if you play other support heroes, cuz you are not capable to.
So now you brigade the forum and provoke people that are even asking for glitchs to be removed, just because your precious poor hero has it.

Stay mad, boosted private profile toxic Mercy onetrick.
Stay flagged.

PS: :joy:

Please stop going off-topic.

1 Like