Remove Leaver Penalty, Please

I live in a state where if an animal gets on a power line the power flickers off/on as to not kill the animal. So, my internet goes out too and I have to wait for it to come back on. I have the best internet I can pay for as well, but even that goes out time to time. These are things I have ZERO control over, and it’s just beyond frustrating to be punished for something I didn’t do maliciously and wish didn’t happen. I’m sure I am not the only player this happens to.

End a match if someone leaves. Get rid of the SR loss, but keep the temporary suspension from competitive. You could even give someone 3 strikes within a certain amount of time before they start getting strikes to be suspended. How it is now is just cruel. This is a videogame. The majority of people who play will never be “pro” - we’re here just trying to have fun and earn a decent rank. People shouldn’t be getting punished for things beyond their control.

The people who are going to abuse SR gain/loss already are and will continue to by any means.

I’m sure I will get flamed for this, but I just want someone at Blizzard to see and perhaps brainstorm some kind of resolution for this problem. Because IMO, this is what really kills the game for me personally.

ADDED BY REQUEST: Looking for innovative, original and constructive ideas to make leaves from disconnects more fair for everyone.

3 Likes

I agree, I shouldn’t have to lose SR because some idiot on my team rage quits because tHiS Is NoT mY MaIN xD

It should only affect stacks, that way they won’t abuse it.

9 Likes

For disconnects and mechanical trouble - yes.
For pressing ‘Leave Game’ - No.

6 Likes

What state is this? Sounds very dangerous, inconvenient and problematic. I figure people would lose a lot of sympathy for those critters pretty quick after losing work and data for sporadic power outages.

7 Likes

the thing is though if they do that people will just use disconnects and mechanichal issues as another leave button so if i’m about to lose i just turn off the electricity

1 Like

Haha. I live in NE, so lots of critters around here - and trees. I’ve lost a lot of respect for our power provider ever since it was deregulated. It’s gotten really bad here.

everyone else is trying to have fun aswell you’ve felt this where someone leaves/dc it ruins the fun for your team since it’s pretty much impossible to win 5v6 and also for the enemy team because it’s just really boring doing a 5v6 u just wait untill either the whole enemy team leave or the the game to end which is really boring

I understand that everyone else is trying to have fun, which is why I think the match should end if someone disconnects. As I said it’s a game, meant to be fun.

As someone who obv is suffering from disconnects/power outages, I wouldn’t even mind if when I did get a few wins, I earned less SR for them to account for my leaves attributed to my disconnects.

that wouldn’t work in competitive though since as i said more earlier im about to lose turn of the power then boom no ones gains anything and everyone just wasted their time

We’re going to have to agree to disagree on that.

ok then

The amount of comp games where people leave are crazy. Especially, after the first 30seconds where someone doesn’t load in.

As far as penalties. I think whoever left should get penalized. Throw your stuff on some Ups. People that stuck with the game till the end and still loss. I think should lose some SR but not this ridiculous amount they have been taking.

Penalty time should be decreased. My power flickered, causing me to leave my first game in years. I was hit with a 24 hour suspension…

2 Likes

that was not ur first time in a while if it reached 24 hours

Better do it when you are home alone tho

you dont want to mess up dad’s football game

1 Like

I don’t fully disagree about the leaver being penalized, but as it is now seems way too harsh IMO. I think there could be adjustments to make it less harsh, and to actually punish the people who are intentionally leaving, a lot of matches within short periods of time.

if it’s ur first time in a while in always 15 min suspension

You can believe it or not idc. People with less than a year in the game don’t mean anything to me anymore though. :japanese_ogre:

Discourages people from exploiting leaving games in comp.

Just one of those things you just have to deal with, like everyone else.

I understand the intention, but I just think Blizzard could come up with a more fair way to go about it is all.

ive been playing this game for 3 years what u talking about lol