Remove fan the hammer pls

PLEASE. replace it with something else or remove it for my sanity.

99% of every mccree that has ever stunned me (i main SUPPORT), has FTH’d me. ill just be sitting there as zenyatta, and a random mccree flashbangs and FTH, not even bothering to try and use any skill they probably don’t have to kill me.

thank you to the mccrees with actual skill and acknowledge this busted ability.

sure, you can argue it’s good for shield breaking, but he already has an insane fire rate. he’s basically a mini reaper/storm arrow mashup and i don’t know why we’re nerfing sym but haven’t gotten ridden of one of the most busted, nonsense abilities in the game.

if you’re a tank, you should just uninstall the game if the enemy has a FTH mccree :joy:

EDIT: i forgot to mention but i mainly play quickplay because im not much of a competitive player. theres hardly ever communication, coordination or positioning in qp and its a huge mess as is. i have no problems with fth in competitive and i say this as a comp tank player. mainly orisa/winston, too.

5 Likes

Maybe you should contemplate how McCree keeps walking up to you as if you can’t hear his footsteps from a mile away.

20 Likes

i mean, im not talking complete silence and no action happening. i play mostly quickplay and you should know how big of a circus that is. sometimes you’re too busy staring at the frontline that you don’t take notice of what’s behind you or around the corners :woman_shrugging:

If you’re distracted and not paying attention that’s not really an issue with McCree.

13 Likes

Its a guaranteed 1 shot, flash => headshot doesn’t kill and gives you the chance to shoot back, why take the risk?

It is better to shut you down and move onto the next target without taking any damage.

4 Likes

ok, working on it…

They should call it fan the crutch, because only bad McCrees use it to secure kills.

Don’t know why it’s still in the game. He doesn’t need it with his fire rate buff.

1 Like

I hear you, Pumpkin! :cowboy_hat_face:

After reading your post it looks to me like we’ve met in-game at some point, you see some of us just like to kill the old fashioned way.
Ain’t nothing hot lead can’t cure! :muscle:

I love my good ol’ golden Hammer! Yeeeeehaaaaaw! :sparkling_heart:

bc its garbage and takes 0 skill. he does nearly as much damage as reaper with one ability that doesn’t even have a cooldown.

you’re right that it’s better to secure the kill, but it’s sad people would rather be annoying, skill-less bots :confused:

The salt FTH generates is honestly hilarious. What’s the difference between someone right clicking you vs just double tapping your head? You’re standing still either way.

8 Likes

Even if you can hit the left click 99.9% of the time why bother when you can right click instead to guarantee it? To make the person you killed feel better while they’re stunned?

4 Likes

I’ve had McCrees go for the headshots and just totally miss. It’s a common occurrence in lower ranks.

The point is, if you can’t hit a stunned target with the normal fire, you don’t deserve the kill. He shouldn’t have a “get out of skill free” card.

1 Like

lol at “deserving” a kill.

3 Likes

If you think Fan the Hammer is bad, wait until you discover literally any part of Doomfist’s kit.

6 Likes

one takes skill and gives you time to react/possibly win the duel. the other is a brainless, no skill crutch ability with no cooldown. id rather die and have respect for the persons good aim rather than being killed by some bs nonsense. youre a dps player, probably cant aim so of course youd defend it :joy:

Have you bothered to look at my profile? 3 SRs in masters and “probably can’t aim”.

honestly, doom should be deleted but to be fair, he does have hard counters

Also “good aim” on a stunned target :laughing: you’re kidding right? Unless the said target has one of those bobble head animations it’s super easy to headshot a flashbanged target.

My point is that if a McCree can’t kill a stunned target with the primary fire, they shouldn’t complain if their target gets away or kills them in turn because the only reason it happened is because they were terrible. They shouldn’t have fan the hammer to bail them out of their inadequacy.

you can tell what kind of people are silver without even looking at their profile when they complain like this

it’s usually reaper they complain about

i haven’t died to fth since 2017 and good mccrees will just double headshot or body shot head shot anyway

most mccrees who are so bad they need to fth usually have a very high chance of losing their pick… fth is really only useful vs tanks because it’s burst damage

2 Likes