Remove Backfill

Stop leaving matches, if you cant commit, dont queue.

1 Like

Unless people are banned from queuing or were forced to backfill, they will still leave. The people who keep leaving don’t care about the -75% exp.

Which is why I suggested something closer to comp. Nobody cares about exp, but they will care about not being able to queue back up.

Or better yet, quarantine them with other leavers and smurfs, let them all ruin things for each other and keep their cancer contained.

All Backfill does is make the “casual” modes frustrating. No other shooter, or any other game in general, has such a system. I wonder why.

ok then dont complain when it takes you 15 + minutes to find a game

How can you commit if you’re put on a crappy team & the match is one-sided? If all matches were fair, then Backfill wouldn’t even occur much. But no, the rigged matchmaking decides when a player can win, especially in Arcade.

Rulesets are different for other shooters. Most don’t follow the objective based play like that of Overwatch. Also matches rotate without leaving the game mode for most modes.

If it meant being on a winning team all the time, I’d be fine with it. Heck, Im already getting used to the DPS queue times because of Blizzard not caring about Tanks & Healers. So there wouldn’t be a difference.

Thats how the casual modes work bruh, best get used to it or play comp or something. It would be nice if Blizzard put some actual effort into their match making, but it just didnt work out that way.

Im fine with being backfilled.

but I hate joining a game I spent 10 minutes to find just to load into “Overtime” or “Defeat”.

they need to fix that.

1 Like

No they dont. No other shooter has rigged matchmaking. And no one plays a supposed casual mode in otger shooters as if its Ranked mode. And why mention Comp when crappy teammates & tryhards plague that too?

The match making isnt rigged, it is just bad.

And who cares about try hards? What does that even mean? You should be trying to win regardless of mode, this is a competitive game.

So it’s more or less mode-based hero-faovortism bias I see. Can’t blame you, but those are not actually “tryhards” when cheese strats exist and is even more annoying.

Just f’d over a genji tryhard in qp btw, and obviously a smurf. U can just best them w/ any amount of teamwork and willingness to switch, and yet u choose to complain over them and wish for faster end… It’s fine as your own wish, but I’d say at least a good amount of players won’t agree with you.

It is. Being put in one-sided matches so many times isnt coincidental. Either you get to steamroll, or you’ll get steamrolled.

And again, there’s a difference between just putting in effort in QP, and playing as if its Comp. Putting in effort in QP, playing for fun, would be using Widow assault rifle way more often. Playing QP as if its Comp is being a Widow tryhard, camping & waiting and quick scoping all the time because her sniper shots are broken, and her threats are nerfed to death.

QP & Arcade are supposed to be the modes to chill in, yet there’s always a Genji tryhard, a DF tryhard, etc. All playing as if its Comp, when they should just stay over there.

Maybe it will teach them to create a quality experience. I generally leave when there is a smurf rolling the team or the team is wasting my time. I’m not as bothered since I’m a tank and get insta queue. But for dps I feel bad since they don’t have that luxury.

Their game is a dumpster fire right now. Pro and casual players don’t care about the game anymore so it will only be a matter of time if they dump this game for something different or make sweeping changes.

You were lucky. As long as Genji is unbalanced, its luck if a Genji tryhard is dealt with. Teamwork shouldn’t be required to take out just one character that has 200hp.

And how am I biased? Those Arcade Modes are biased. I brought up specific characters for specific modes because they break the mode. Maps in Team DeathMatch are small, and alot of them are just playgrounds for Widow and others. The rest of the roster suck in TDM. For example, Orisa is rarely used.

Over in Total Mayhem, Winston, DF & Sombra break that mode. They get alot benefits. Especially Winston. And the rest of the roster cant do a d*** thing. Why do you think overtime pushes in TM always have shield & jump spamming Winstons? Because he can’t be stopped. No one ever does anything else, except go Echo and copy DVA all the time.

if you can’t handle losing, online play probably isn’t for you. Leaving only makes a bad situation worse for players who stick it out as intended.

Don’t get me wrong this game is rage inducing even at the best of times. But if you are gonna leave the match thus making it worse for your team then you deserve the punishment.

Backfill removal is NEVER going to happen. EVER.

If I leave a match where its clear I’ll get a bs loss, I shouldn’t be punished at all. Emphasis on bs loss, because that will never be acceptable.

I’d be fine with a fair loss, if both teams were neck & neck(and they were all of the same portrait lvl), but that never happens.

Game can’t quantify what a BS loss is. So you are gonna either have to, git gud or get gone since no one likes a leaver. Even if it’s a completely one sided match you should stick it out so your team doesn’t suffer as much.