Reminding blizzard that Pharah is still horrible to play

I hope they don’t forget how bad the screwed up Pharah in their last lame attempt to “adjust”. Put aside their fear of correcting mistakes quickly, the damage is not enough for the slowness of the projectiles, the number of counters available, and the MASSIVE long re-load times AND super low ammo count.

Not to mention, the knock back is pretty useless in all cases.

Thanks again for continually making this game worse.

19 Likes

Her damage is the same all they did was movery some splash damage to direct hit damage.

7 Likes

I wish they’d revert pharah. I’m intimately close with using her old kit and getting splash damage kills…but I am already sick of this ‘new’ version of her,

where she has to divebomb every single target they desperately try to escape back to her team (and usually fail because there’s now 82 million hitscan in the game who get buffed monthly)

Whole game is a no-fly zone at this point

Forum Moderator Note: As a reminder, masked inappropriate language still breaks the Code of Conduct and can lead to temporary restrictions from the forums.

2 Likes

if i dont find her fun to play that mean’s she is not fun to play for everyone else

3 Likes

As a 1000 hour Pharah main, I feel like the increased rate of fire and reduction of splash has helped her. It feels like I’m feeding less healer ult and managing direct hit kills more often. I already had 50% average accuracy with her old rockets.

I like the cooldown on her knockback, but I’ve been encountering a glitch where her knockback just doesn’t work at all. I’ll fire it right next to their feet and they won’t even move. Happens 1 / 3 times.

My complaint with Pharah is that there are too many good Pharah counters now, that are viable when stacked, and it’s too easy for her to be countered completely out of the game. She needs armor, and to move faster in the air.

It makes no sense that Genji gets to be a ninja–small hit box, ability to change trajectory in the air through a double jump and move erratically, but Pharah is wearing armor and only has a gigantic hitbox to show for it, not the actual tankiness that goes along with it.

Also, Genji’s thrown shuriken go 60 m / second, vs. Pharah’s rockets going 35 m / second.

Genji has the tuning he needs to play and feel like a ninja, but Pharah has no armor and is slower in the air with a jetpack and fires rockets more slowly than he can throw his shuriken. She doesn’t get the tuning she needs to actually match what she is.

11 Likes

she needed buffs before… and they nerfed her.

then added a better anti pharah than soldier and mccree

but blizz is thoughtless

Pharah is broken op in her current state lol. What are you talking about? Her last change was a buff…

3 Likes

Pharah is simultaneously useless and OP.

She’s OP when the enemy team are having fun on non-hitscan heroes, like Reaper and Symmetra. She’s useless when the enemy team are using hitscan heroes to click on her.

2 Likes

There’s nothing OP about Pharah. She’s solid in some situations, but only if the enemy team doesn’t have 3-4 counters to her.

It boggles my mind that people think this last patch helped Pharah. Her pickrate and winrate have pretty ubiquitously dropped on PC and XBL, and on PSN, her winrate’s remained about constant while her pickrate has gone down.

And that’s before Ashe even stepped onto the scene, adding in arguably one of the better hitscans for dealing with Pharah.

She’s not a particularly good hero to begin with outside of PharMercy and Lijiang, and she’s getting more and more heroes well-equipped to deal with her

2 Likes

Yeah but the increase in fire rate make her burst a little too good. The Pharah changes are awful. The right nerf was to reduce her healing received while in flight. Now she’s a high skill burst hero with more annoying spam than before.

Not just Ashe though. We saw tons of buffs to hit scan heroes across the board this year and significant nerfs to Mercy. Not to mention that Hanzo got more burst and Widow got more mobility.

These Pharah changes are just…weird. I get that Pharah was an issue on console but these changes are bad. I’ll say it again, the change we should have got was a reduction in hps Pharah could get while in flight.

Thing is, she wasn’t even that bad on console. Outside of upper ranks PSN, she was statistically similar to most other DPS on both XBL and PSN, and she really was only an issue in PharMercy, which could have been more directly targeted by altering how Mercy’s Guardian Angel and Feather Fall function in the air, rather than needlessly nerfing Pharah across the board because of a single strategy.

1 Like

Uh, what?
I play with a Pharah main regularly and he does better with the changes

1 Like

I feel her Fire rate buff tremendously helped her out it’s just the fact that when folks see a pharah (albeit if they can aim) they hop on her just like folks hop on genji after hearing him ult.

1 Like

She was an issue but it’s safe to say there was a witch hunt for her. Like you point out the real problem was Mercy. Pharah was never that big of an issue and was bound to get worse as more counters were added to the game like Ashe. Nerfing the Mercy Pharah interaction should have been the goal not this weird mini rework.

Her damage is great, especially with the fire rate and projectile speed buffs.

Boop rocket is meh even when buffed

But with the rise of one/two shot kill hitscans, she’s grounded most of the time. So she’s currently suffering Symmetra Syndrome: why pick her when there’s a better hero (junkrat). Since she can’t fly anymore Junkrat is the better choice in explosive ranged damage.

Boost air mobility/give her armor HP (power suit, common)

And definitely make her mobile while using Ult. Barrage is now a, “Press ‘Q’ to respawn,” meme at this point.

Are you kidding? She straight up [Removed] on anyone or anything that remotely resembles an enemy. Hitscan or not.(Speaking from experience only. Both playing as and against).

Forum Moderator Note: As a reminder, masked inappropriate language still breaks the Code of Conduct and can lead to temporary restrictions from the forums.

When I first read about the changes, it sounded like a bad idea. After playing her for a while since then, though, I actually like it. The shots are much more consistent for me, which makes it easier to deal damage overall despite doing less damage per shot. She’s also easier to counter. It’s weird, but I think this actually made her more effective where she’s supposed to be and less effective when she’s not supposed to be. I like it.

Regardless if people like or dislike the Pharah changes that occurred people need to come to 1 conclusion regardless based on what they said the intent of this change was…

The intention was to design her in a way which promoted more skillful play and allowed her more entry into higher tier play along with it.

This didn’t really hit it’s mark… you can argue for or against the more skillful play aspect of the change based on your POV but it absolutely did not make Pharah any better at being more efficient in higher tier play. They didn’t increase her projectile speed and more importantly they didn’t increase her survivability which is what prevents her from seeing more play at higher tier (on PC which is the main platform for Overwatch).

Any Pharah player knows by now how much of a joke her Ultimate is on average the high up in skill tier you play in. It’s been a meme for how Pharah can’t finish sentences since the game originally came out for crying out loud LOL. With the slow creep of power for hitscans and adding more heroes such as Ashe that can be picked as well it only further reduces Pharah play from being seen as a smart choice when her counters are many. I look at Genji and am still waiting for him to have some sort of solid counter play but I guess maybe next year. If they enabled mobility in general to get countered better (rather than enabled better at higher skill play) DPS choices would be more of a potential variety without having to buff the non-mobility heroes.

Simply nerfing mobility and understanding how good it is in OW should have been identified by Blizzard by now but it strangely has seemingly been accepted instead therefore disregarding the purpose / pick rate of other non mobile Heroes.

I hate pharah.

She is my “briggite” when i try to play symm, torb and some others heros.