Reminder the community will be mad about Sym no matter what

Well yeah.

Could you imagine if they got rid of her sentries, but gave her back those projectile barriers?

Although, now that I think about it, that actually might be a pretty healthy change.

Given that Overwatch 2 could use some more “Psuedo-offtanks”.

And sentries are the main reason she’s disliked.

5 Likes

You can’t please everyone.

Personally, I’ve played as Symmetra throughout each of her iterations and enjoyed them all to at least some extent, so as long as they don’t radically alter her Kit by removing Sentry Turrets, then chances are good that I’ll still like her in her upcoming Beta 4.0 configuration as well as any future iterations.
Although I’d like to see her reworked into an Offensive Healer, not merely because I’m a Support Main, but if only so that I can player without having to wait 10+ minutes in Role Queue to play her.

2 Likes

Sigma mains would be mad.

Anyway if they do what is just popular is likely the worst option.

Because that’s what got her here in the first place.

Should be best first, popularity later.

Dunno, if they got rid of her sentries, then she wouldn’t need such a slow and inconsistent playstyle. And projectile barriers provide her both better self sustain, and a gap closer.

Not to mention, consistent meta relevance outside of taxi service.

2 Likes

Do people even really care about Sym either way? She just seems irrelevant just like the developers intended

1 Like

I still think going a back the old alt fire. (Aka orbs that go through barriers)

And grant them the ability to also heal.

Would be the better option. (Also with the pro suggestions on Healing Turrets.)

Sym’s real problem how to improve her Ult after that.

Edit;
In case you missed it Kush

I dont want any future version of Sym ever getting back auto aim primary, Shield gen, or throwable barrier.

2 Likes

At least someone else agrees.

I don’t care what happens to her as long as she’s viable.

1 Like

And her kit is at least recognizable.

And not another new Sym entirely.

Would just add another member to this divorce court.

You forgot the group that wants her to be outright deleted because they still think she has an autoaim beam. Or died to sentries that they ignored as they ran past. Or had a “sweet multikill” negated by a well timed wall. Or were killed by clever teleporter use accessing their backline. :smile:

Why not the throwable barrier?

I am skipping over many sub groups.

Sigma now exist. Same with Shield Gen: Brig.

1 Like

You’re only calling it wacky because you’re being shortsighted. Easily the best way to preserve Sym’s defining qualities in a post OW1 world.

That’s a massive commitment that can’t be made until they have some idea of what to do with Sym. I suspect the next beta is gonna be about figuring that out.

1 Like

OW2 needs less barriers not more.
Same deal with bringing back shield gen. Would increase TTK.

They never had any idea of what to do with her so that would be new.

That’s what… (*considers eventual drama) THEY said. HA! :clown_face:

I am sure they have some ideas.

Just including a lot of limitations on what ideas should exist.

Kinda like a dungeon master deciding how to introduce an Anti-Hydra.

The key really is really in the why of it.

no, they definitely had, and have said as much when describing both past reworks. The issue is that their ideas weren’t good and that quickly became apparent. Like it’s hard for them to go on about how they went through all the effort to preserve the beam ramping mechanic when very few people actually value that.

I don’t think it would by much. They could put it on like a 10sec cooldown. And it’s not like you’d need to break it to make it go away.

There’s also a substantial amount of defence buffing they could do without making the overall game be defence biased.

Also it would be a soft sniper counter, and devs haven’t really addressed the sniper issue yet

1 Like