Remember when people complained about the lack of barrier tanks other than Rein?

thats what im saying. in the OG double barrier days there was always barriers up all the time. you would just try pushing past the barriers or teleporting. focusing on breaking both double barriers was pointless unless an enemy tank died. thats how unhealthy it was for orisa and sigma’s barriers to coexist in this game

It wasn’t pointless, people just weren’t doing it.

they SHOULDNT have been doing it, because even if your whole team manages to brake 2100-2400 total shield hp within 8-10 seconds, the enemy sigma and orisa would just kinetic grasp and fortify, or mei wall or lamp or coalescence or lucio beat to stay alive and then have all their shields back to cycle through.

you either got flank kills, suicide-dive kills (doom or junk), or kills thru your sigma, reaper, mei or moira ultimates. focusing double barrier was a waste of time and resources why do you think all these heroes became meta together at that time?

Because Hanzo actually has value apart from just spamming barriers. Considering we’re in a double shield meta, why does Hanzo have the highest DPS pickrate rather than Junk?

You forgot the part where Rein gets his very own micro-Fortify because the (at the time) one hero he competed with was the better option somewhere that wasn’t Junkertown for the first time in years(/ever).

4 Likes

Well… People don’t actually care about low ranks so of course that wouldn’t last.

Pretending to care about lower ranks, is the upper rank way of trying to justify why they dislike a certain meta.

it basically went

“we want more shield tanks”
blizz releases shield tank
“no, not that one, we’re lazy and entitled, give us a different one”

2 Likes

Sigma doesn’t have a combo anymore. Not a 200 one anyway.

have you… tried shooting it?

1 Like

That’s why I was so happy that Hog got more ammo, because dps do not shot at the barrier.

Despite all I had learned I thought “Wow now that people know barriers are paper thin they will just shred them” It last for like a weak and then people went back to ignoring them again.

1 Like

If you’re expecting a Junkrat and say a soldier to chew through two ultimates, a Mei wall, a lamp, and 2100 hp in stationary barrier in 8 seconds by themselves, of course it’s going to be problematic. But Lucio won’t use sound barrier just because two barriers break. But you can’t have sound barrier and lamp and coalesence. Lamp is easy to break or you’ve baited out coalesence. Fortify doesn’t mean jack under focus fire, it never did. And Mei’s wall only has 400 HP per pillar. Work with the team and break it from range.

You actually required team commitment to bust a barrier, just like you always did and never got.

1 Like

because they were so far and away overpowered and poorly designed that they not only rendered the entire off tank role as throw picks it was unfun to play and play against.

u think they are useless? try playing genji or pharah

Sigma would have played very differently if he had had to channel his barrier whithout being able to shoot while the barrier was deployed.

1 Like

what rank have you been playing these past 7 months? it is very important that you tell me

because the only reason your team should be focused on breaking both sigma and orisa barriers is if you had both junk and bastion on your team and your own orisa. please read my previous response again, because under no circumstances should you still be suggesting that both barriers be focused down back then. it’s just plain wrong

oh really? wow, thank you for educating us

I love how you imply your team can just keep shooting and not have to worry about reloading or dying to enemy fire during the entire duration of melting down 2 or 3 barriers, multiple mei wall columns, lamp, etc…

Is it? The difference between Diamond and the lower ranks is just mechanical skill.

You don’t need bastion to break barriers. He is good at it, but you don’t need it. DPS aren’t the only ones dealing damage to barriers.

YOu brought it up

I love how you imply there’s more than 2 barriers to worry about, that lamp is hard to kill, that Mei’s wall can’t be focused down or that you need to break more than one column. The enemy team needs to reload too, ignoring that reload times in Overwatch are generally short.

Across the board, people don’t shoot at barriers because they think it’s not worth it to shoot at barriers. And it’s a bad mindset. Just because you’re in diamond doesn’t mean you aren’t subject to it.

Technically that is not entirely true lol.

Ani-cancel FTW!

if you break orisa barrier, then sigma barrier, and then have to shoot down a
new orisa barrier within 8-10 seconds, congratulations thats now 3 barriers you have to break in one push! also actual triple barrier was a thing when sym was meta, lol guess you forgot about that too.

I’m literally the person on my team each game yelling to focus down the enemy barrier(s). I still do this. nice try tho

this entire discussion was regarding the double barrier meta when both sigma and orisa had way too much shield health before the big nerfs. they were literally the exception to the focus their barriers playstyle, that’s what this whole thread was discussing! you continued to assert that focusing down both barriers back then was the appropriate thing to do when in fact it was not. everyone who even played true barrier meta knows this what were you even trying to argue? well whatever rank you did play at, this was certainly was not the case for diamond and masters and gm

Cause they did an awful job of implementing shield tanks to compete with Rein and the fun of his gameplay.

1 Like

I know this is a grave bump, but…

Rein is the only barrier tank again, and everyone is complaining

PFfffffffff

1 Like