Remember when D.va was good against double sniper? hahahaha

wow, how far this game’s balance has come when D.Va is basically hard countered by double hitscan :joy:

21 Likes

Remember when D.Va was an actually reliable pick to have on your team? I do. My friendship ended with D.Va, now Rein is my best friend.

24 Likes

Amazing how many things wrong you got in 1 sentence mate. 2 things:

• Dva was never good against double sniper
  • Dva is not hard countered by hitscans. She can literally render them useless for 2 seconds with a button and dive them with 190 DPS.
5 Likes

Remember when d.va was a playable hero?

30 Likes

she’s hard countered by double hitscan and diving a hitscan to commit to deleting them is the quickest way to lose mech, that’s a feedva strat and just bad. best you can do is dive to annoy or boop off then drop, never kill unless they’re low and used their abilities already.

20 Likes

Remember when D.va was OP and they had to nerf her and now that powercreep came in that they basically had to revert her(almost) and still not being good lol.

Remember how they nerfed D.va to deal with GOATs, then removed GOATs, then released another hero with a Defence Matrix type ability that’s even more meta, that has a stun attack that ignores Matrix abilities.

26 Likes

last time d.va was used vs double shield she was played in triple tank with orisa and hog

1 Like

Remember when Genji was good vs Double Sniper, remember when Genji was actually good in Dive?

Remember when Doomfist was good in double barrier?

Metas either come back more powerful than last time or the counters to the meta receive some form of nerf that renders their efforts null and void.

They want to have diversity and shake up the meta a lot, but in the end they’re just constricting each meta further.

Ironic, really.

5 Likes

And then added a hero whose sole “thing” is being able to double up on any hero/mechanic. And then buffed Genji’s DM-type ability.

And yet if you dare imply Jeff’s “DM was a mistake” comment was aimed in any way, people accuse you of playing the victim. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

And then they released a Support hero that blocks self-destruct from killing the team.

8 Likes

I think you mean two heroes as Baptiste also does that.

And more wrong statements again, damn dude, you are on a roll. Point by point:

• In which universe should an OFF TANK be able to survive 2 DPS hard focusing him/her?
  • Dva was NEVER supposed to destroy 2 DPS at the same time ever.
  • You dive with Winston and even if you dive 2 DPS, the one you focus, explodes in 2 sec, with DM on his/her face and unable to do anything.

What is your point here ? Since your premise is wrong/false, what are you proposing? that DM lasts 4 sec again? For DVA to have 800 HP so she can blast 2 squishies without ANY support/help?

… what? :rofl:

1 Like

Dunno what OP wants, but this is what I want.

7 Likes

I didn’t say 2 DPS hard focusing her. I said 2 DPS simply existing hard counters her, with the no-skill critbox they put on her and the insane power hitscan now has in this game.

Her mech needs to be less fragile, period. Either an extra 100 armour, or 12m DM as some people have suggested. She clearly needs something, especially now that Soldier is basically a beam character :joy:

As for needing 2 tanks to dive one hitscan, I know we can delete him if we double up. But the way it used to work is the hitscan would have no choice but to give up that high ground if they’re alone and the D.Va jumped up. I’m not asking for her to be able to delete him every time. I’m asking for it to be a really dumb idea for him to stand his ground, instead of her being a free kill if she insists on staying on the highground.

In any showdown between a single dps and a single tank, the single dps should always have the smartest choice be to retreat, not “I’m staying right here D.Va, and if you try to keep fighting me, you will 100% die”.

4 Likes

Yet barriers like Sigmas can shut down say a Widow or Ana for far longer than two or even 4 seconds. Oh and you don’t even have to put yourself at risk to do so :slight_smile:

Also a universe where tanks can only handle 1 dps is a universe where that tanks sucks hard. Why on earth would anyone want to sign up to play a role where combined you can only handle 1/3 (combining the two tanks to 2/6 in other words 1 dps each and simplifying) of the enemies team damage. That other 2/3 is going to hit you hard and your not going to do much other than die a lot.

Edit: even if you say my teams healer eats another 1/3 of the damage that still is 1/3 more than I can handle. No tanks shouldn’t be invincible but you can’t have them feel overwhelmed simply for exiting either.

4 Likes

Dude you have so many overexaggerations that Its hard to keep up. Seriously.
At this point IDK if you are trolling or you actually believe 100% of the things you are throwing out there. Point by point:

• 2 DPS “simply existing” dont hard counter her. This is false. Period.
  • We had 400 armor Dva, she could “OMEGALUL” her way into 3-4 enemies and come back just with 1 support healing her. So no, she doesnt need that.
  • What you, and everyone that plays her need, is to know that Dive tanks are not “generalists”, so you shouldnt use her in every map and every situation so no, she is not meant to counter hitscans with range like Sigma or Rein can.
  • Learn your targets, learn timing, learn the booster distance. You have a 2 second “you dont get to do anything” ability and 190DPS close range. If you cant make it work, thats on you mate.

Sigma is NOT an offtank dude, what? Congratulations on arguing from a point no one is making I guess. :man_shrugging:

We are not talking about “tanks”, we are talking about Dva dude.
You are, once again, arguing against something no one said pretending I said your distorted version of my claim (Strawman fallacy).

Since I already established the premise is wrong/false and theres nothing but strawmans and overexaggerations, we are done here.

Bye :wave:

1 Like

well the only option you had besides winston when the game released was d.va. now you got hammond which really messes up widows day.

i play widow quite a fair bit but if i see hammond on their team i immediately go soldier, he feeds the soldier alot lol i get visor tons with a hammond around. d.va too ironically

i think maybe they should buff her matix a little

1 Like

Ok, you’re the one who insists on referring to 2 hitscans as 2 dps. I’m specifically saying that 2 hitscans simply existing hard counters d.va.

False, but I’m calling for 300 armour 300 hp anyways, so irrelevant

Actually, the only way that the tank role will ever be balanced is to stop balancing to intentionally have some tanks be niche and some tanks dominate in every single map with zero weaknesses. All tanks should be playable regardless of the map, and the only thing that should matter is which strategies are better in some situations, while still having skill determine who wins.

Blah, blah, blah. I’ve done it all, D.Va’s still trash, and watching Yeatle do unranked to GM on her with 27 losses, when the most losses he ever did in one of these on any of the other tanks was 7, proves that “carry harder” is a nonsense response to D.Va mains pointing out she’s unfairly difficult to get the same value with compared to Zarya.

Sigma IS an offtank, that’s the problem. He should be reworked into a maintank again so that doubleshield is unplayable, but that’s for another thread.

Why should D.Va be a special case? No tank should be forced to switch off just because they ran double hitscan, especially not a tank whose entire purpose was to be the tank that challenges hitscan and protects against it.

4 Likes

I do! I’d take S1 Dva over this Dva.

2 Likes