Remember Genji Haters

Remember folks, before you start complaining about Weeblord’s nano blade, just remember that pre buff Weeblord has been nothing but only viable during his ult. His shurikens were trash af. You see his shurikens damage buffed a bit and you complain.

Remember the games you had with Genji teammates that are trying hard to juice more damage to the tanks/supports but you flame them for not actually getting anything because the shurikens deal nothing but close to 0 damage?

Now you see Genji actually gets the job done with those shurikens damage and blades and now you’re complaining? Make up your mind, yo.

We used to get stuck with Mccree or Ashe or Hanzo in the past, now you see a little bit of Genji finally being played again in your games and you put your special frown and arch your eyebrows down? Come on, give this guy a chance. He’s been in the game for 4 years he wasn’t viable for 14 seasons (since the arrival of CCwatch, which is begun by Brig-yeet).

27 Likes

Honestly I’m convinced whatever kills people the most is considered op.

24 Likes

It’s not the fact he got buffed.
It’s the fact how much he got buffed in one sitting.

103 Likes

i remember getting called a thrower for playing genji. Now hes finally buffed to be an actually good pick and hes “busted” for being able to do the exact same thing that any DPS should be able to do. The exact same thing mccree, ashe, tracer, doomfist, widow, etc are able to do

10 Likes

every other game :heart: just for playing Genji into one of the 2 played main healers

1 Like

ok, but now he is buffed to extreme levels

13 Likes

This is exactly what I’m trying to point out… Literally almost every hero in game has their time (Doomfist, Ccree, Hanzo on double shield meta; Brig on GOATS meta, Mercy on moth meta), now Genji is finally getting some justice and we Genji players are bullied into silence.

3 Likes

Run free with little to no downside?

34 Likes

Saying he’s buffed to extreme levels is a bit too much, I’d say. I’ll probably get hate for saying this but I find Mei, Pharah, Winston and Brig still counter him.

1 Like

Ok, well the buffs themselves aren’t inherently extreme

but my argument is he already has so much to his name

1 Like

Genji mains really do love to try and redefine words like ‘viable’, and ‘trash’

If he was as bad pre-buff as Genji mains insist, how come y’all never switch even into Winston/Brig/Moira/McCree? How come his pick and win rates were around average?

Literally nothing but the withered tennis ball between the ears of a Genji main considered Genji trash or a throw pick. He just wasn’t the best DPS, which of course in unacceptable to Genji mains.

He’s been massively overbuffed, and he’s going to get nerfed :slight_smile:

53 Likes

I wouldn’t say his damage was buffed a bit

Like, his raw damage was only a bit, but his ability to do damage and the rate he does it increased too and it adds up.

Overall, I think the Genji buffs are fine, though they shouldn’t have reduced the spread.

Yeah no. Pree buff Genji, I will always have to switch to Reaper or Pharah when I got bullied by CC to the point I pull out my blade and got CC’d right there in place.

It’s because he had an insane ult at the expense of less good normal damage. And now the buffed his regular damage but left his ult untouched? A bit ridiculous

just make blade cleave do less damage ¯_(ツ)_/¯

it already does less damage than junkrat primary and has a slower firerate idk what you want to do to it

His regular damage was never bad though. This buffed version allows him to to just spam M2 at close range and kill people with little effort. If that’s what it takes to be considered just ‘good’, what does busted look like? You could remove his ult and he’d still be good right now, since almost no one can compete with him at close range with his low spread high damage right click.

6 Likes

He was needing buffs before this, but these buffs were WAY WAY too much.

It is consistent.

8 Likes

There have been 3 opportunities for him to be nerfed-the buff patch, the brig exp patch and the brig nerf patch. I’ll update the post the next patch

Luckily there is no need to fear a nerf for Genji because there is none coming. He is balanced, the support mains just don’t want to realize that.

1 Like

And deflect Duration and deflect cancel and right click spread *

9 Likes