Remember bastion's rework?

Bastion is Not A Shield bot.

I Repeat: Not A Shield deleting Bot.

Punish flankers in sentry, And relocate without fear of death in Recon.
They need to keep the lore, as well…

1 Like

I think he’s also just a really difficult character to get right without making him feel overly oppressive or completely useless.

Armor Piercing bullets.

Like in the Honor and glory short.
In the end of that short, When rein is protecting those soldiers, You can Definitely see some holes being shot into his armor…
Why not make Bastion’s bullets counter armor a bit more?

Also, And or, Sentry revert.

1 Like

Bastion is a choke holder. That’s his thing, but it’s really hard to without a team comp built around you. Bastion is still very viable if, and only if, your team builds around you.

I used to play bastion a lot, I know how he works. I remember back in the day when you could melt charging riens with a barrage of headshots.

Yes, and that was balanced. A Rein should never be able charge Directly at a Bastion in Sentry, It shouldn’t be an insta kill for the Tank, That Bastion Should Counter. -.-

1 Like

At least in the meantime, Orisa is a big help with this. Even with Brigitte giving him a little more reason to exist in the game, I’d still like to see him given a little more reliable oomf

I agree, and i would like to see that “Shield” problem (We have many more shields now than before) be balanced by changing bastion back.

putting the thing that makes him Bastion on a cooldown is a bad idea as he’s supposed to be about being able to use both modes, not one like it’s an ability and the other like a main mode.

1 Like

What was wrong with it? He was still underpowered then and he hardly sniped people. It still has a falloff range and the spread wasn’t that small.

1 Like

I made a ton of suggestions on Bastion changes on my megathread here:

I nave no doubt Bastion mains feel shortchanged by his state but have you thought about how it feels to be on the other side.

I don’t think Bastion will ever get headshots again without being heavily hamstrung by Blizzard in another area, it’s not like he isn’t a threat anymore without headshots.

Just keep his sentry as it is and give him the personal shield back, diving a character that has to root himself shouldn’t be easy.

I would be absolutely fine if they removed ironclad, the extra 100 ammo, the faster swap speed, or some combination in order to get old sentry back.

2 Likes