Reinhardt's Earthshatter is so Bugged, Please Fix it! (With Video)

I’m gonna keep this nice and short, video should be enough for the developers to see what is wrong here. This happened to me a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE2RA2S5Sdc&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Khaled

Here is also another similar case that is on the front page of the Overwatch Subreddit today

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/80jd3c/rein_is_fein/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Overwatch

Dear developers, please fix this soon and let us hear about you acknowledging this problem, this is so tilting especially when it occurs in Competitive mode.

Edit:
Since Papa Jeff acknowledged my humble post, if anyone experienced a similar bug and has a Video/GIF for it, please go ahead and post the link and I will add it to the original post :grinning:

62 Likes

How are you able to post links sir?

I actually can’t, and I was asking the same thing few days ago. But the good news is that there is a work around the problem by highlighting the link and then clicking on the “</>” editing option and it will work.

Good luck Sir/Madam! :grinning:

2 Likes

We’ll check it out this morning.

113 Likes

Jeff! Thanks for looking at rein’s bugs!

1 Like

see: jeff actually just checks the forum link bug and gets rid of the work around

12 Likes

That was very fast. Good to hear this.

Bug Fix with honor. The to THE PTR WITH GLORY!

1 Like

Yeah i had the same happen to me, ennemy Rein ult me and it didnt do anything to me (there’s was nothing between us). He just stood there in disbelief lol

1 Like

Thank you Papa Jeff for addressing my concerns! We don’t deserve you, we love you :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

OMG Thank you for acknowledging investigation on this issue!!

I see at least 1 hammer down fail every single game I play.

I was playing the other night and caught 4 people in a hammer down. They all stopped moving with anticipation of dropping but not one of them did. My partner was behind me as Zarya yelling “wtf just happened?” and my only response was “it’s normal…”

6 Likes

how bout when you are on the payload and he earthshatters on the ground and i still get stun

Could you look into stuff like this, too? Not my video, but this happens a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijsXh8_h6c
1 Like

as a rein main i thought the same thing because i was playing Orisa yesterday and some guy used Earth shatter didn’t knock me down. Though i save the clip when i watched it he was a noob and he used it into my barrier. I offered standard Rein tips he never got back to me…

Ok. Derek (who is amazing) immediately replied.

He said: “We know what the issue is, but it’s unfortunately not an easy fix.”

Apparently, it’s the same issue that also affects Doomfist’s Seismic Slam. He is scheduled to work on a fix that will likely deploy around early April.

Sorry for the delay. Software development is… um… fun.

156 Likes

Good. I want more power on doomfist, and more stability.

2 Likes

at least someone understands. maybe i can show them this and explain that im not that bad. at least not that bad all the time:wink:

And esports development is priority, right? I’ve been playing since near launch and earthshatter has been bugged forever.

25 Likes

we tank mains understand dont worry. as long as your trying.

2 Likes

It’s good to see that work is being done. Software development is um fun (lol sarcasm), but April is really far away to have such a large impacting bug on a critical roles ultimate :frowning:

If OWL and World Champion players / streams were showing failed hammers all season, would this result in a faster fix?

1 Like