"Reinhardt is fine"

Not gonna lie they need to get Earth Shatter back on track and give him some kind of quality of life buff to help him better hold his own.

Nothing extreme but a slight buff so he isn’t thrashed around constantly by all the modern day CC.

Not forever, the bug existed since the nerf of Earthshatter. Before Nerf, the effect of Earthshatter could climb the wall, it was weird sometimes that Pharah fell from the sky because of Earthshatter.

He’s only perceived bad because of a meta shift. As soon as Winston is nerfed, dive is over and Rein will be amazing again.

You know what I meant.

I’m hoping Rein cleanup is on the dev team’s todo list, and to be worked immediately after the current PTR patch goes live. They’ve definitely been working on the heroes, and I think Rein is just waiting in line.

I’m sensing that there’s some “root” issue somewhere in the Rein logic that is causing a lot of the bugs we’re running into, to the point where it’s a bigger job than what we probably think. Rein being one of the older heroes, there might just be some really old code in there that’s difficult to work with. It could be that they already have fixes in place to help Rein out, but they aren’t cutting it and no amount of turning of the current dials and knobs can truly fix him without a full rewrite of something. Like instead of truly fixing his charge collision logic, they just make his hitbox bigger and hope for the best, but then this probably introduces the bug we saw in the OP with mei standing behind him. So they’re in a situation where they can’t really quickly change anything without introducing other issues, unless they really put the time into a real solution.

Just a hunch of another dev.

2 Likes

Help this hero he is one of my favorite and this happened to me two times yesterday… I used to play rein really without any doubts, but now i think about it before picking him, maybe i should pick Orisa…

Did someone say Reinhardt is fine?
(video showing junk’s mine and tracer’s pulse bomb IGNORING rein’s shield)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHI_MPhg2c

3 Likes

gotta love being level 3 oh and btw WTF is that I knew there was a reason I was getting blown back all those times!

2 Likes

And then there’s me who seems to get hit by it around corners, through barriers and beyond its range.

Definitely bugged as hell, that and the charges that completely miss then you teleport into him.

People playing Rein don’t notice this bug cause they think junkrat thrown the mine over their shield but as everyone can see, mines exploding in front of the shield can still damage you and make you fly, which doesn’t make sense…

also, tracer’s bomb has a chance to pass through the shield and stick onto the internal side of it, dealing damage to rein and his allies.

needs a fix

2 Likes

[

wow thats disgusting

I want a buff to Reinhardt’s shield recharge rate and I want his fire strike to push people away.

They should really make the anchor tank that disrupts, ‘the anchor tank that disrupts’

Wow. You’ve managed to miss the point entirely. Incredible.

Sometimes when I’m in Valkyrie and very high in the air i still get shattered. One time i was about 10m in the air and got shattered in Valkyrie

Good point, maybe I’ll just ignore everything else that the video had to offer too. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

great video. clearly shows that there’s a problem.

I feel like I’ve noticed something similar to this with Pharah’s rockets as well. I don’t have proof though.

1 Like

When i made this video, I did tested Pharah too, but nothing buggy happened, dunno.

That happened to me last night too, it’s truly disgusting.

No not really it was a joke, to be honest. Calm yourself.

No one can ever forget this bug though :`)

Real talk: #HelpOurFavoriteGermanElder

4 Likes