Reinhardt Achievement Broke On All Platforms

Reinhardt’s ‘Storm, Earth and Fire’ achievement/trophy has become unachievable for a month. As a player that has recently started trying to collect all trophies, this is frustrating. Please look into this.

4 Likes

I guess it is registered as achieved if you hit Firestrike and Charge onto a target stunned by your Earthshatter. With the nerfed stun-duration (3 sec to 2.5 with the patch of april 29th 2020) it is now (nearly) impossible to hit both abilities before an enemy wakes up:

Earthshatter recovery 0.5s + Fire Strike cast 0.48s + Fire Strike 0,64s + Charge cast 0,6s = 2.22s.
Depending on the exact conditions for the achievement you now have the remaining 0.28s to connect with the charge. With a charge-speed of 16.5 m/s (base 5.5m/s +200%) you can travel 4.62m until the stun wears off, in which radius you need to connect the charge and maybe also hit a wall (as i said i dont know the exact conditions, these are all assumptions). This all assuming you cast every ability the millisecond it is first possible. Before the patch you had 0.78s and thus a maximum distance of 12.89m.
(all numbers from the Wiki)
So theoretically it could still be possible to get this achievement, but it is significantly harder than before. Have try-harded to get it myself for some games but got frustrated and not tried it since.

I think the best way to fix this issue would be to lessen the role of the stun in the conditions and use a timer instead. In practice: start a timer of 3.0 seconds (stun-time before nerf) when landing a shatter and at the end just check if one target got hit by all three abilities (or a more performant variant of that, but i hope you get the idea). Thus the achievement would be about as difficult as before the patch without any changes to abilities.

If anyone managed to get the achievement after the patch, let me know.
Ill update you as well if i get some news.

Thx in advance and i hope i could help a bit