Rein is still a bugfest

So your advice is to not use my kit. Seems like a well designed hero lol.

2 Likes

Yea good luck. They broke Reinhardt even more after the 24th patch and they don’t even acknowledge what the hell is going, complete radio silence.

Reins been a buggy mess since forever, but can you blame Blizz really, they are just a small indie dev, you know.

1 Like

There is a lot of crap wrong with Reinhardt…

4 Likes

No not at all, just dont make charges that gets you way out of position, because if you miss a charge and cant pin down. But you are on the other side of the map. You screwed up the whole teamfight.

Mostly i seek angles that are just 4/5 meters away and not at a angle thats direct in the enemy backline but more to the side so you can defend quite fast again your team, and if a enemy gets in front of it. Try to get him then. But dont charge 20 meters in the enemy backline (In fact never do that)

But yeah charge is broken already for what 6/7 seasons now?

This is pure gold, but also very helpful haha

Yeah that’s obvious if you’re above gold, I think. Although… lol.

But yeah I usually don’t do that, not in comp at least. But some charges are 100% guaranteed, but they still miss thanks to bugs. I also usually wait for some form of cc to get a guaranteed pin. But even if I play him safe, there are still like a 100 ways to get me out of my position. But then there are also the super calculated charges that I really cherish, like hearing Tracer coming out of the corner and I pre-emptively charge into her. Fun as heck, they’re completely dumbfounded by it.

Seriously, though, what doesn’t actually counter rein?

Yeah thats what im trying to say. Because of the bugs you need to be more careful.

As a rein only really dive counters you. Like tracer,genji,doomfist. Slow movement hero’s are siting ducks

Don’t forget all the new bugs and animation cancels they introduced with the new patch that cause Reinhardt to feel slulggish and buggier than ever.
It’s like playing with 1000ms

1 Like

Yeah if seen it, and putted it to the test.

But i can still ani cancel, Jump shield. I didnt try shield > Swing tough.

Except when Orisa bodyblocks me with fortify or pulls me back. Or when Zarya saves anybody with a button. Or when Hog hooks me out instantly. Or when Dva boops me out of the way. Or when I get stunned or booped by dps in a 100 ways possible.

put*

GASP I thought this was me being an idiot somehow… :sob:

1 Like

I actualy have a saved highlight where I Earth Shatter through an opened doorway on Gibraltar against deploy Bastion and Moira behind him. Clear line of sight, no obstruction, nothing. I hit the Q, the animation plays, but they are both standing, shooting at me. Well, my charge was off cooldown so I smashed that tin can against the wall and cracked it open with my axe(Blackhardt skin), finished off Moira as well. But the point still stands. Ult didn’t do sh1t.

Nope, it’s another bug! D:

I think his bugs are mostly environment related. his Shatter just doesn’t interract with the map correctly. apart from pinning issue which is probably hitzones related.
they say they are working on him, buuuuut we will probabyl see 2 more new heroes before they come out with a major fix/rework for him heh

Add this one to the list too. One of the most devastating ones.

Blizzard lowkey added hammond so u can be tossed around as a ball in this stun/CC meta.

No need to double post.

They really should take his weight into consideration more. with armor he weighs half a ton(500 kg) at least. and a firecracker like junkrats mine tosses him into the air just as far as that bag of skin and bones that is junkrat? wtf? same thing with all the rest pushback effects.

not saying completely remove them, just cut their effect on him by at least 50% if not more.
same goes for stun. a flashbang grenade stuns a guy with a helmet on his head with a closed up visor?
brigs shield back should do nothing at all to him, maaaybe a pushback but thats that.
and lucios boop blasts him away? are you kidding me? thats compressed air at most. rein should shrug that off without a second thought, grab those locks and throw the cheeky bastard off the damn map.
same bs with pharahs blast. cmon, that should be shruged off with rein looking up at her, with a “What were you thinking?” look
and hogs hook… if anyone should move in this case it would be hog towards rein and he would get stunned so that Rein can give him a spanking for missing his hook.
Hammond maaybe, but only when he is swinging on his graple, the other skill should also have a reduced effect.

1 Like

i posted about this eons ago and no one eeally replied but a reaper main telling me i was being an idiot but its gotten so much worse and n this patch it happens multiple times a game… it also happens with earthshatter. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

all bugs i know of:
-shatter does nothing
-shatter may or may not choose to go over payload
-shatter goes through shield
-shattering when your hammer is behind and enemy shield won’t register as being through a barrier
-using firestrike or earthshatter just after dropping shield may cause you to b instantly turned 90 or 180 degrees and thus send it in the wrong direction
-the above has actually started happening when ive instinctively tried shield hopping even though its usless at the moment
-hammer doesnt insta drop shield and there is a one second to 1.5 second delay(when walking forward) to swing first hammer strike
-hammer strikes may not register at all
-charges are inconsistent in catch/pins and many bounce off that should hit
-you can actively catch an enemy behind you on accident on a charge
-you can charge a wall and pin someone on the other side
-charge may or may not break map objects on an inconsistent basis
-charge can wrap around objects you’re trying to pin against
-barrier once broken will not redeploy till full
-barrier once broken will not redeploy till 500hp restored

i know im missing some

The animation cancel on shield jump is super sluggish. Literally turtle speed so you dont get the protection from it anymore