Rein is now a bigger problem hero than Mercy

Reinhardt also has no mobility

Ill reprhase orisa cannot move her shield consitently enough to be viable for non payload offense.

Reinhardt also has no mobility - all he can do is swing his hammer around if a Reaper tries to 1v1 him. Orisa could halt and fortify him and give her a better chance - but they’re both equally countered in a 1v1 situation like that.

Rein swing will do significantly more in that situation then orisa, the reaper would easily just wraith from halt and burst you meanwhile rein can swing shield back jump.

maybe it’s time for Orisa/Hog buffs instead of one tank having 11% pick rate? When Mercy had 11% pick rate she got nerfed and the other supports got buffed, don’t see why something like that shouldn’t happen here since Orisa/Hog is useless on every map besides 2 and Winston/Dva is extremely team comp dependent and easily countered.

Yes they needs some slight reworks though I’d expect those to come as part of the torb rework tbh it will remove turtle a fair amount and orisa would lose a decent amount of her pickrate so I’d wait for then. , No they shouldnt nerf rein mercy was a problem because of her hero rein is a must pick because of other heroes (see zarya, hanzo, moira, lucio, brig.) , Orisa/hog can be played on nearly any payload or hybrid on at least one side, Winstion/Dva is still perfectly viable and is often the needed comp on maps such as Gibraltar, Numbani first point, and Dorado second point and is usually ran with pharmacy.

Gold is literally the average rank. 2300 is the centre of distribution.

I never said anything about distribution, i said that tier wise it is near the bottom not the top. Theres still plat, diamond, master, gm, and t500 above that, with only bronze and silver below it

It’s the exact middle, it’s no nearer the bottom than it is the top.

Yea. It is. I just explained why. Theres 2 ranks below it, and 5 above it. Its closer to the bottom

1 Like

Just gonna say this

the other day I was just messing around with friends in OW and I was playing Rein, I was on the highground somehow and was behind the enemy widow, like RIGHT EFFING BEHIND HER, I go to solo ult and absolutely nothing happens she’s standing there like nothing happened even the animation and the cracks are under her feet, but she just looks at me and I walk away in shame.

the boi needs help

rein is never the one at fault and never is the reason for a meta

when a hero becomes meta, like hanzo

players are gonna start picking hanzo because he is powerful, tank players are gonna pick zarya to synergise and the main tank is gonna pick rein to synergize with zarya

unless hanzo falls out the meta then rein will be picked because he synergies with them well

1 Like

If you call Rein OP, have you ever played as him? He’s the most solid tank, but that’s literally about everything he got, he’s got countless bugs currently, so many hard counters it’s nearly a joke to go against him.

And really, you still use Overbuff as a source? That thing is long gone mate. Pick rate =/= OPness

2 Likes

Reinhardt once again is only picked because his shield is the most versatile one in the game, and due to his synergies. That does not make him op, that makes him barely usable.

If anyone who calls rein op knew anything about rein, theyd know he wasnt op, he just works very well with synergies and theres a ton for now, and his shield is unmatched for offensive capabilities(orisas better for defense a lot of the time)

You need something to block damage since winston isn’t meta atm. Orisa’s shield gets burst down as soon as it’s put up, and even Rein’s shield doesn’t last very long with the amount of damage output in the current meta. It was worse when Hanzo was meta, but it still is awful to play rein. His pickrate means absolutely nothing. I’ve never felt like rein was so good that he was a must pick. he is the best of what’s left. Frankly the main tank lineup needs some help.

Dive in low tiers is harder to play than counter.

She already did counter Tracer back then. But the mob mentality is strong and picking Sombra was a reportable offense (unfortunately). So people never actually tried.
Like when they complained about Hide 'n Rez. What counters Hide 'n Rez ? Sombra, again. And not throwing 5 ults to kill 5.

The problem is they’re not actually joking. They have a say in the game balance, unlike people on these forums.
That’s why Genji and Tracer dominate the game since forever, while tanks need to be trashed, only Rein being “OP by design” (he is his best counter).
Also why Zen can freely be OP while Mercy can’t.

Playing Reinhardt already feels awful, he doesn’t need less hp. Rein is one of those heros that would need a rework if you wanted to adjust him properly.

The whole concept of Rein and Orisa being designed around having massive hp shields compared to the rest of the cast can feel very annoying to deal with I’ll agree with that.

If you nerf reinhardt into the ground you’ll have even bigger problems you silly mercy main.

I really hope this is a joke

I’m a D.Va/Orisa main, and some-time Winston (and now Hammond) fed up of being asked in spawn to play Rein (I do play him as well, I just prefer not to).

I’m not the first non-Rein tank main to complain about this, but it seems I am the first to actually point out the problem and how to address it without buffing all 5 other tanks.

If Rein is so bad to play as you claim, but still overperforming in his stats; then that’s a sign there’s a very real balance problem with him. You’re walking into situations he can’t, or shouldn’t, handle and getting away with it; while the other tanks are actually fine and there to be switched to to handle those situations better but that isn’t happening.

Rein being nerfed would open that space up for other tanks to see some use without power creeping us into a 4 Tank meta.

Your assumption that “as a silly Mercy main I’d have bigger problems” is just flat wrong, it’s not without good reason OWL used Orisa in his stead.

Pickrate is not enough to warrant a Nerf of a meta-specific hero.

He’s not meta specific. The meta has now shifted. He’s still a must pick.

He is meta specific. And he’s not a must pick. Rein is dictated by the team. If the team doesn’t fit with Rein, he’s a terrible pick.

Its taken a step to the side. I’m not sure I would go so far as to call it shifting

Brig is fourth pick on Support, Genji has overtaken Hanzo. Those are a pretty big deal considering the complaints about them; and how they’re supposedly so central to Rein’s pick rates.

High pick rate doesnt mean OP. It could mean he provides a function that’s important and other characters dont provide it.

Rein was played before Brig and Stormzo. I don’t see how anyone could justify the claim that they are central to Rein’s pick rates.