Rein is now a bigger problem hero than Mercy

I’ve always thought Charge was a BS ability, frankly. What other tank can initiate while instantly deleting a hero? I know, I know, it’s a “high risk / high reward” ability but the amount of random kills you can get with it as people turn corners to instantly win fights has never felt good to me.

With all the hate for “one shot kill” abilities I’m surprised more people don’t keep bringing up this ability.

At those kinds of pick rates, you have one on each team and one has to lose, so win rates to drop back toward 50%.

I mean, Mercy at 17% pick rate had bang on 50% win rate.

the random kills are almost entirely bugs or due to unforseen knockback. The charge is very loud so you cant exactly get hit by it unless you lack awareness or the unforseen things happen/bugs.

Charge is very, very bad for rein unless he knows its safe to use it(cc abilities are on cd)

and a lot of people dont bring up charge because it usually screws rein 99% more than it screws one enemy. Given theres so much counterplay to the thing. it is the easiest countered ‘one shot’ ability in the game.

how balanced do you need it to be, if top tier is like 51 then, damn good job blizz. look at other mobas

regardless, rein getting nerfed as of rn, would be the worst possible thing for blizzard to do. Fix rein, see where he is after the fixes, then do things to him if needed. When a majority of rein players with 200-450+h are quitting in the last week then they did in s10 which was the most unfun rein meta, theres a major problem.

I’m not someone who wants him to get anti cc over bug fixes, fix his bugs, if he needs a buff or nerf, buff or nerf him.

Its simple stuff

rien come in and out of the meta…its not the same as being un balanced

1 Like

That’s totally false for so many reasons. Sure, if there is nothing else going on and Reinhardt is down a long hallway from you then it’s pretty easy to avoid.

But, for example, if you are attacking on Hanamura on the first point and Reinhardt charges sideways across the choke for a quick, cheap kill then you’re pretty much at the mercy of the Overwatch gods of who the pin decides to land on in the group.

If it’s a main healer, well he just completely stopped the push. Seems like a well designed and fun ability to me.

i mean, good players expect the charge and severely punish it or just bait it. That is why reins in diamond+ usually dont pull that crap.

it is countered by almost every single thing in the game including itself. It needs no nerf. I’m all for a rework, i despise charge on rein because its completely against the rest of his kit, and only for that reason.

Again, completely biased and false. I see it happen on GM streams all the time. It’s at very little risk to him as he goes sideways and hits a wall immediately, often deleting an enemy hero in the process. If he doesn’t, no loss to him as he barely went anywhere.

Also, I can’t count the amount of times I’ve been the victim of AND (before you counter with awareness / skill) seen it on GM level streams where someone is running back from spawn and just instantly dies to a Reinhardt who missed everything else and happened to catch you at the end of a Charge as you turned the corner. No sound or warning, just an instant death by someone who didn’t even know you were coming.

I’m not even trying to say Charge is why he has such a high win rate, I’m saying it’s a frustrating ability to play against and definitely ups his win percentage with the ability to get random picks that can completely win a team fight as opposed to other tanks.

gm isnt top tier game sense ither, even pro players screw up heavily in game sense. need i remind that the best dps player from london spitfire tried to kill a mercy pocketed fortified orisa with dragonblade.

charge does not need to be nerfed, im good for a rework, but only because it doesnt fit with the rest of his kit, any other other reason i dont agree with.

Yes it sucks to be killed by charge, as by any other CC. But it is by far the easiest countered thing in the game, with the only way of helping it is zarya barrier. Even with zarya barrier a sombra hack can stop it.

Charging rein with barrier + repair back is night unstoppable, this is on the same degree why players perceive Doomfist as overpowered, but for now look into the broken animation canceling glitches that most ‘pro’ rein players don’t want the design team to know about because it makes them feel ‘unique and skillful’ from the other players.

people finding a charge unstoppable because they dont know how to counter it or simply avoid it, amazing. Doomfist i agree is way too powerful because his ‘charge’ is way faster then reins is, making it almost impossible to CC, he has way more movement ability, and a less buggy kit now

Rein is fine. Rein is just popular because he’s part of a big synergy chain, which started when Hanzo got excessively buffed (going from near-throw pick to extremely overpowered).

Basically, it works like this:
You want a Hanzo on your team, because he’s OP.
If you have Hanzo, you want Zarya, for grav dragon.
If you have Zarya, you want Rein, to get easy charge (Zarya’s bubble extends past Rein’s shield, so pounding a shielded Rein will charge up Zarya)

Brigitte and Rein also work extremely well together, and that’s another synergy to be taken advantage of.

Without an overpowered Hanzo and Brigitte (she still is, but just a little), Rein is not especially great.

1 Like

well you want rein if you have zarya because the only tank zarya works great with is rein. Everything else except the last part is 100% accurate.

ana is getting popular again with her buff, same with lucio, so rein is still enabled by at least 2 people, which is what he needs to be viable in diamond+

Rein is fine. However they should fix the bugs. It is not a buff fixing bugs, it is just fixing bugs (sometimes it is actually bad, like the animation cancel thing).

1 Like

Lmaaooo you think Rein is OP ? Are you serious ??

1 Like

dont agree, bug fixes can severely buff or severely nerf a character. Seen by doomfist

you do realize that pickrates are correlated to winrates right. the higher the pickrate the more balance you should see towards 50/50. since you know, both teams would have (in this case a rein) on their team. if you have a high pickrate character and an imbalanced win rate that means that picking other main tanks is detrimental to your team being able to win.

yes im not going into the math of it. but like i said as well. rien comes in and out of the meta. that is not one and the same as balanced.

winston was top tankd far all of dive. he does not need a buff now that he is under picked…meta is coming back around for him.

during dive rien had little to no pick rate and win rate.

so im assuming you have never played rein, since that is one of his buggier abilities. it’s 300 damage attack that makes you stop protecting your team and leaves you vulnerable. it’s easily counterable since its so slow. his pin is his least useful thing in his kit, but it comes in handy sometimes. the only “random” part about it is hoping that you actually get the pin.