Rein is now a bigger problem hero than Mercy

I second that notion,
(Raises Beer in recognition of well put statement, in honor of the fallen crusader)

1 Like

Well I feel like it’s because it means changing your story about sniper metas.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/something-something-reinhardt-mains-still-waiting-for-answers-no-one-cares/190914

this sums up all of the reinhardts players problems. Good day, i hope you realize how foolish wanting rein nerfed sounds some day.

I have never once complained about snipers. You can review my history, you can look at any and every post I have ever created.

I don’t even notice they are there. I am Reinhardt, they don’t shoot at me.

1 Like

Did I say you were complaining? No, I said it was your story about sniper meta enabling him.

Except now he’s being disabled by all this CC, while still sitting through it, surviving it, and being picked over any other tank. This is exactly why I said he needs to lose some HP.

If CC is the problem, play Orisa. Except you won’t, you’ll sit there and cry for passive CC reduction for Rein when he’s a must pick already anyway and it’s not stopping you playing him.

Yes, because CC is making the one good part of his kit effectively useless, which is why hes getting objectively worse in diamond+, every single rein player in diamond+ knows this. Also i dont agree about the sniper meta enabling him, it was a byfactor of brig, zarya, hanzo(dragonball combo plus hanzo eradicating dive characters mid-long range). Now its a byfactor of sometimes brig, always zarya, sometimes hanzo, a lot of the time ana.

You have to know that rein is a character that needs to be heavily enabled to be viable in diamond+, aka have crutches, as of rn he has around 4. He himself is not powerful, he needs to be heavily enabled to be viable in diamond+. Lower ranks hes simple, man hold rmb, hold W, profit.

So he’s getting worse?

Welcome to the meta shifting. It can’t shift soon enough for me.

Yes, and you would complain if sombra somehow was getting worse after she was only meta due to other characters, but shes actually getting stronger in at least the pro scene for now. Reinhardt cant even have that.

Reinhardt would have to be killed either directly or indirectly(heavy cc meta, or better more reliable tank that is just better than him in easiness, shielding, etc) to not be the most picked tanks in low tier up to diamond.

Easy =/= op, easy =/= needing of a nerf. This is simple stuff. Reinhardt has a lot of counterplay in diamond+, mainly by his own kit, he is by far the least fun tank to play, and he is indeed getting worse.

You are clearly biased against rein. You want rein to not be meta, fine, but when people get seriously upset and the games balance completely goes to :poop: especially for lower ranks. Thatll be fun.

I hope you realize that if reins shield gets nerfed, no one will pick a main tank in low tier. So have fun with that. Orisa is way too difficult for low tiers to get use out of, and winstons the highest skill requiring main tank in the game.

Until we get a more accurate alternative it’s the best we’ve got, it’s stats are still valuable.

I’ve played enough Widow and Pharah to know where that road goes. Couldn’t play Widow unless I had someone to deal with Winston, can’t play Pharah without Mercy.

That’s not new to me.

As for Tanks, Orisa sees a lot more use in lower ranks than higher ranks. I also doubt I’m the only tank player who’s not playing or not playing tanks because they don’t want to be playing Rein and would like some variety back.

You want more variety, how about implement more main tanks, not gut a character that doesnt need it. Also orisa is not used more in lower tiers, orisa has a lower pickrate in bronze-plat then in diamond-gm. There are only 3 main tanks, and only 1 of them low tiers can effectively make use out of.

lmao so Rein is OP now? Good God, this imbecilic “Nerf this character I don’t like” carousel never ends.

1 Like

its not a ‘i hate this character’ bias, its a ‘im in this rank so this is my ranks experience’ bias, as well as lack of knowing how tanks work in the meta bias.

Maybe his shield hit points are too much? I know this because it even takes a very while for Turret Bastion to tear it down. To my opinion Reinhard is popular ‘up there’ because of the animation canceling, its far too valuable that he can drop shield to swing and raise shield instantly when the hammer connects without any internal delay; There has to be some form of punishment for swinging that ton heavy hammer you can’t just put it away instantly like that.

I would love to see more main tanks. But, that’s not my decision, nor what we have right now.

Orisa pick rates:
Bronze, Silver Gold:
3.77%, 2.77%, 2.16%

Diamond, Masters, GM:
1.72%, 1.8%, 1.68%

She’s used much more, almost twice as much, at lower ranks.

60 hours is a long time to spend playing a hero I hate…

(I don’t hate him)

not used effectively. Shes used in lower tiers because she has an easy kit on first glance. You can play orisa yourself and tell me that shes a lot harder to use effectively than rein. especially on offense

Orisa in bronze has a 47.55% winrate, orisa in gm has a 54.80% winrate. Pretty big difference. Rein in gm has a 54.96% winrate

people in all forums keep bring up pick rate, pick rate means nothing at all when talking about balance. he has a 51% win rate… pretty close to spot on.

also it seems that new players are getting on here, and talking about these things as if they have so much experience in the game. tho not specifically this one.

1 Like

Those things are relative, above Diamond you can’t stay there without a 50%+ win rate.

In terms of non-niche pick rates, she’s only behind Brig and Zen at that level in terms of win rates; so for that level she’s actually pretty effective.

Just ignore this thread and move on, OP thinks Reinhardt is overpowered despite the bugs…