Rein is now a bigger problem hero than Mercy

Yes, he is more popular, as i said, because of his shield, his shield is the only reason hes picked at all below plat. You nerf his shield congrats you killed a bug infested unfun tank. Hes only ‘meta’ in high ranks due to zarya hanzo widow still being vastly superior meta wise even with the nerfs to zarya hanzo and widow.

1 Like

Omfg :rofl: when will you people start using your brains and stop thinking stats are everything to the point you spew nonsense.

Reinhardt. Overpowered. I just can’t even.

1 Like

I do urge you to try to get higher ranked jessica, i dont mean that in a mean way, i say this because you dont know how insanely bad it is for rein in diamond+. He is most picked but hes becoming increasingly more unfun to more people as more people play him and realize all of his problems.

CC meta on the horizon it seems meaning rein will be a joke of a tank at fighting it. as Cc makes his one good part of his kit useless
Reinhardts bugs drastically effect his kit especially his ult, and then all the changes that came with the patch(animation cancels being removed, etc).

Nerfing rein(specifically his shield) would be the worst balance change blizzard could ever do besides input way more heavy cc

1 Like

Yet you said above, in OWL, Orisa, D.Va, Roadhog counter that; and that should be especially true since the snipers have been nerfed since. But it’s still all about Rein on the ladder.

I get that he’s unfun, I already said straight up I hate being asked to play him all the time, but that neither makes him weak, nor justifies his power levels, nor should make him immune to nerfs.

It’s like saying nerf Hammond because he’s too much fun…

Well, as of now (in GM > This week), Ana has a higher winrate and a very similar pickrate.

I don’t think that makes her OP. I don’t think this make Reinhardt OP. :thinking:

orisa dva and roadhog is used by owl, a lot of things in owl do not flow to ladder. Ranked players play what is the easiest, not what can get the most impact if youre good at the character. Even in gm/top 500 they go with what takes the least amount of coordination/effort.

Nerfing an already unfun tank and a tank getting worse and worse at least pro tier, and definitely getting worse for rein mains in diamond+

Also ‘nerfing hammond because hes too much fun’ you want to nerf rein because hes picked too much.

He’s picked too much, while being deeply unfun, and while being broken and unplayable buggy mess.

They’d be doing you a favour by nerfing him to the ground by sounds of it. I mean, in spite of all these things, he’s still a must pick.

??? Honestly at this point you just seem like the kinda person that would kick a person while theyre down. And he is not a must pick, i hate improper terminology. He is most picked, not a must pick, a coordinated team will do more work with an orisa/winston than with a reinhardt if theyre good.

You are asking the community, in its entirety, to nerf the one hero that gives up everything to protect the team. His kit is so largely broken that if it weren’t for his 2000 hit point mobile shield people would never play him. He would sit at a 0% win rate/pick rate.

Then you argue that Reinhardt has some sort of “power level”. All his current power is derived from his shield. Oh its great to find that 6 man shatter unicorn, but its been months since I have been able to pull that off…even though it should happen far more often, but bugs.

If you gave Soldier 76 a 2000 hit point mobile shield, Reinhardt wouldn’t be picked.

1 Like

I just don’t feel like Rein is down, and I don’t think he should be being “compensated” by being allowed to be too powerful. It just brings everyone down.

he is not too powerful. At all. Easy =/= Powerful

So he’s a martyr now? Seriously? You want to go there…?

True

Subjective measures are never a ground for nerfs. You know this as a Sombra advocate. :slight_smile:

Unplayable and picked a lot? :thinking:

Or…or! They could do them a favor by actually fixing those bugs! I think that option is better, because we’ll have a clearer picture of his balance.

Just from the review of this thread it seems to be Jessicka versus everyone else.

Martyr if you must, but that’s not the point.

Reinhardt is not too powerful, even slightly. His shield is powerful but in diamond+ with cc getting more and more popular/meta. Reins most powerful aspect is getting worse and worse indirectly.

You as a sombra advocate should know very well, dont nerf a buggy hero.

Do you even know what its like to play against a hammond, zarya, doomfist, sombra, brigitte, ana. That specific comps getting quite popular, as well as several others revolved around CCing the reinhardt and making him useless.

CC being used is Earthshatter and Graviton Surge (latter nerfed, former buggy), we don’t see Brig anymore, and the DPS are, apparently still snipers. Where’s all this CC coming from?

As for the latter, I was driven out of comp before Hammond was released into it.

Rein… is a giant… mobile shield, and that’s all he’s got going for him.

brigitte is still one of the top 15+ characters, she is seen a lot.

The snipers got nerfed hard and pharah got indirectly nerfed with mercys nerf, so CC is heavily enabled and indirectly buffed with the inclusion of hammond.

in diamond cc is getting insanely more popular, and even in master/gm+

There are no words. If you don’t know, there is no explanation anyone can give you that you will believe.

1 Like

I will not continue this discussion because you do not have the same experience as other players when it comes to the game and rein. Its basically like arguing with console about if pharahs super strong or not.

If reinhardt actually gets nerfed, i hope you enjoy the pure rage from the community, and the indirect consequences meta wise.

1 Like