Regarding Mercy so called spam

I wonder if people posting suggestions about Mercy ever consider that their suggestions or opinions might actually be wrong or bad and that’s why the devs don’t bother to answer to each and everyone of them, yep, I wonder…

1 Like

If they bothered to answer at least once or twice we would know what is it that they don’t like/are against and we ourselves would stop posting about it or informing others that it was bad, thus reducing the number of threads being made.

Alas all we get is silence from them and douchebags that have 15 minutes on the hero from that time they had to fill saying she’s fine now and balanced, and that we should shut up…even though thats what happened after every Nerf. Every 13 of them.

And I wonder if you even know what you’re talking about if you don’t play Mercy regularly. :thinking:

The threads won’t calm down until Mercy is properly addressed and reworked to a point where she is considered fun and balanced.

3 Likes

For whom? Considered fun and balanced? “Considered” implies it’s partly about feelings and feelings don’t belong in balance. Fun is subjective.

I have played her every season for at least a few hours, not always in comp or on the same account but I guess I’m just a douchebag.

OW currently is the most balanced it ever was, every character is playable, clearly the devs don’t care, right?

1 Like

Because everyone here knows that they want Mercy buffed, and they keep making threads abusing the same “facts” over, and over, and over.

Sounds like what’s going on with Brigitte, but in reverse. I keep reading the same stuff about her being an overpowered killing machine with no counters.

3 Likes

You feel like it’s balanced.

And, also, every character is always playable, but their affect/impact as well as… you know, Fun, the main point of games, also affects the state of the game. I would take a slightly unbalanced but fun game over a stale, everyone is the same Balanced game any day.

3 Likes

Nah. It’s really not.

Mercy with res on cooldown isn’t balanced.
Brig needs less self healing.
Ana needs a slight nerf to her nano-save.

ETC.

This is so disheartening that people are being pushed away from making feedback in response to being called spam.

This is why you need to make your own threads about the topics YOU want to see. Reducing anything to being ‘spam’ because it’s about one hero you don’t want to read about is awful and killing feedback before it can even be written. You’re guilting people for having thoughts on something rather than going along your own business.

3 Likes

So you agree this whole rework was pointless?

We were told Mercy was reworked because Mass Rez felt “disheartening” and encouraged a bad playstyle.

Mercy 1.5 (pre rework) was statistically balanced. Some people don’t want it back because it felt unfair to play against but it was statistically balanced.

1 Like

I don’t feel anything, I could be a robot for all intents and purposes, who cares. The meta right now is balanced, all characters are playable and the numbers prove it, some characters are just more niche than others (especially true for dps).

If it was up to me I’d remove ressurect from the game and give her more proactive tools.

Feelings had no part in her rework, it was a broken OP ability compared to the others, end of story.

So broken that she was a must pick before her rework right?

Actually, that’s untrue. She wasn’t a must pick before her rework, she was just extremely popular due to the SR bug and Invulnerability making it much easier to pull a Ressurect off.

Honestly I don’t have the numbers for her pickrate back then and it doesn’t matter because it shouldn’t, we’re talking about a specific ability that’s broken, not about her entire kit.

Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results.

2 Likes

Did you miss the part where I said the devs called it “disheartening”?

They didn’t say she was reworked due to balance concerns. The reasons they gave were purely due to how players felt about Resurrect.

4 Likes

Well yes it is kind of “spam”. Your question why can be given the simple answer that a lot of people are unhappy about Mercys current state and the devs dont answer any of the concerns.

Mercy mains and some others as well just want to get some insight where they stand with her. Since we can all more or less agree that the entire rework was a giant failure. Now some players want to change her again for the better of the hero and game but Blizzard keeps being silent and doesnt give any answers.
The people will keep presenting their feedback and ideas till the devs get out of their safe space and act again. This will lead to “Mercy spam” till something happens with the hero. If Mercy would be a less popular pick we wouldnt have such amounts of Mercy threads but since she is one of the most popular ones we will get one thread after another.

But thats the thing, if she was OP JUST because of her ability alone, she should have been OP since day one or a must pick except she wasnt even with it; heck she needed invul to her ult so its not always a suicide mission.

Her kit is fine, but to say that mass ressurect was a HUGE problem yet history proves otherwise contradicts what you say. Sure people exploited it for SR but it was fixed after she got reworked, hiding while rezzing a problem? Sure, just add a LoS and a cast time to make it harder and reward high risk efforts.

Simple things to fix simple problems. GUESS WHAT WE GOT. If you want to say mass ressurect was unfair before like that hiding thing and rezzing behind walls, sure, I can sort of agree. Other than that I disagree.