Regarding Mercy so called spam

I stayed and watched the latest threads being made or bumped and out of the first 30 threads there are always around 10 Mercy threads and consistenly remains at that ratio of 1/3.

That’s why some people are calling this “spam”. Why do these have to take so much space? There is barely anything new presented in them. The vast majority are revert threads or threads calling out the devs. These are the 2 most disscused topics regarding Mercy, so i ask you, why there must be 5 different threads for each one?

37 Likes

Right after this post was made another mercy post was created.

13 Likes

Because nobody is listening to either us or anyone else who wants answers about their heroes.
Yet they “read our feedback” every day.

21 Likes

Because most people here aren’t regular users and would be otherwise unaware of a lot of mega-ish Mercy threads. If not that, none of the other threads quite address an issue someone wants to bring up.

I’ve wanted to make a post asking if Blizzard actually took into account the ripple effects of nerfing Mercy’s healing but this kind of thing has dissuaded me. It’s not worth the hassle of being targetted because I would dare to mention the dreaded support without first checking the entire forums to make sure my point hasn’t been brought up somewhere else.

15 Likes

Makes no sense. Making 10 threads about the same idea resolve the issue…how???

Not just us, as I said.
They’re ignoring every single hero thread.

I don’t care about “ïgnoring”, i asked a different question. How does this behaviour resolve the issue you are presenting? How does this makes sense?

I am starting to repeat myself for no reason.

1 Like

I’m thinking that it’s more of a
“if we spam this, they will see that there is a problem”.

Even though the main hanchos never read the forums. I dunno?
I’ve never started any.

If we had more than “general” and “competitive” to create topics in and discuss this wouldn’t be a problem, just fyi any mods or employees reading this. Get your forums together.

In all seriousness it feels like more people are seeing your individual opinion if you create a new topic rather than throwing your opinion into a 100+ reply thread, so I guess that’s part of the reason people spam the Mercy topics.

2 Likes

Just add a Mercy section and get it over with, there’s a lot of good posts getting lost among them sadly.

1 Like

So you agree that this behaviour can be regarded as spam?

If the intent is to just inflate the numbers and spam the forum with threads only about this subject, wouldn’t this be worthy of punishment?

The intent is no longer disscusion, but effectively suffocating the disscusion by spamming.

2 Likes

Yeah but mercy posts are the only ones getting spammed over and over.

3 Likes

I thought about this and it can be a factor, but what surpises me is that the vast majority are exactly the same.

There’s a few brigitte ones.

This is the main problem I have with mercy spam. The game isn’t just about mercy, other people want to talk about their hero’s but it gets lost in the sea of mercy posts.

3 Likes

Probably because the garbage bi- I mean megathread keeps getting locked and flagged, theres no where else to discuss, and the fact that people still want to voice their opinion and not ignored aka get sent to the garbage bin with what 15k posts and have a discussion.

4 Likes

It doesnt.

And because the devs wont address concerns more players are growing frustrated. Half are new to the forums others are repeated offenders. I myself have made threads but at this point I stopped since there are plenty I can dump my thoughts into to be ignored, bashed, belittled and generalized for the masses to see.

You just added to this problem btw. Congrats! :smile:

2 Likes

Also this. (I can’t like things because of the dumb limitation rn).

The mercy ones outnumber them by far, but im tired of the Brigette ones too. It’s the same stuff repeated over and over.

2 Likes

Talking about a problem really does make me an part of it?

I understand that it seems paradoxical to complain about the number of Mercy threads by making another one, but how else i could have done this?