Reduce buffering, ON or OFF?

title. should i keep reduce buffering on? and what does it do?

2 Likes

On unless you have low fps

Idk what it does but I’m pretty sure is graphical. All I know is it doesn’t increases fps by a bit when it’s on. I keep it on cuz I don’t notice the difference

I’ve read that if you have a good PC, then off.

Always ON when you can. It reduces input lag.

However it has a bug that may lock your fps at certain value and it won’t get higher until you turn it off/on again.

2 Likes

i’m always puzzled by this too since i dont know what it does. i can get constant 144 fps frames on ultra but i still wonder if i should have it on or not.

edit: actually have it ON. what i dont have on is triple buffereing whatever that is :man_shrugging:

On if ur capping fps
Off if ur using reflex w no cap

oh never knew this, i have Nvidia Reflexed - enabled + boost

whatever that means lol

On unless you have a PC from like 2008 or something.

It helps by preloading items, that’s it. If you have a PC from say 2014 on, set it on and forget it.

Nvidia Reflex is an ecosystem comprised of several components that measure and reduce system latency .

This happens if you tab out of the game iirc

well crap I do that so often to change my songs lmfao maybe that’s why I often have such bad fps fml

It is one way to do it but I think it happens if you get a deep fps drop in general.

1 Like

I think it also happens after a long period of time also. The feature is so buggy, but best practice is to turn it back on and off every few games.

I could be mistaken, but wasn’t this only affecting AMD GPUs?

No idea really. I haven’t even seen anyone discussing it before.