Recent (and sudden) frame drops

Hi, if this is in the wrong section, please direct me to the right place.

I’ve been going crazy trying to figure out what’s happened. I booted up Overwatch yesterday and noticed that I was getting between 50-59 FPS in-game with some stuttering as well. I usually get over 100.
I haven’t changed any settings whatsoever. I played for several hours on Tuesday and everything was normal. My PC hasn’t updated. I updated my NVIDIA driver today and tried to see if that solved the issue (it didn’t). There was a small update yesterday for Overwatch I believe and at first I thought that was the issue as it was trying to download in the background, but even after the download finished, I’ve had the same problem. Menu FPS is good at 60 FPS as usual. I double-checked my settings in-game (nothing changed) and changed some things to see if it would help (it didn’t). Monitor is 144hz.
Really at a loss here.
Here’s my dxdiag - dpaste[dot]com/3UJGPHKPC
Any help would be appreciated!

Your DxDiag link doesn’t work, says it was deleted. Keep in mind the code is case-sensitive.

Weird, works for me? Try this?
https: // dpaste . com/3UJGPHKPC

Ah, dpaste, not Pastebin. My bad.

Your fps loss could be caused by any of the following:

Problem signature:
P1: RzSDKService.exe

The Razer Chroma service, especially if you’re using Synapse 2.

Problem signature:
P1: GameManagerService.exe

The Razer Game Scanner module. This can be disabled.

Problem signature:
P1: DeliveryService.exe

Dell’s digital content delivery that scans for downloads. This can also be disabled.

There were no errors related to Overwatch in your report.

Going to check all this out, thanks!

EDIT:
Uninstalled Synapse (I had version 3) so that also got rid of the game scanner. Can’t find anything related to Dell Digital Service though. Rebooted PC and the only difference that I can see is that I get over 100 FPS when loading into the menu. It drops back down to the normal 60 when a character loads into the background.
Queued for QP and joined Deathmatch to see if there was a difference. Can get 74-80 FPS when selecting a character and then between 30-50 FPS when actually in the game.
I just really don’t understand what could have happened in two days that caused this issue.

EDIT 2:
Just for the heck of it, I tried to “scan and repair” Overwatch and got an error. However, it’s been unable to finish repairing whatever the problem is. I get error code BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 . I’ve followed the suggestions and I get the same error code right before it finishes repairing. Now I only have an “update” button and can’t get into the game.
https : //imgur . com/a/m1u194b

EDIT 3:
Uninstalling OW, uninstalling the battle net app and then reinstalling everything seems to have fixed my issues!

1 Like

Optimizing your fps/hardware for the game falls outside the scope of this forum, so we may have exhausted all of the advice their staff has available here. Did you check for overheating during any of this?

You could also try benchmarking/stress-testing your system to see where it’s falling short:

Just wanted to give the most embarrassing update of my life.
All this was caused because I plugged my monitor cable into the wrong slot (I had moved my PC to a different room so everything had to be unplugged and re-plugged).

Please pray for me as I fade into nothingness. So sorry for wasting your time. You can close this thread. :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Enjoy your games on the correct GPU :slight_smile: