Reasonable sombra nerf

I don’t think the majority has realised the potential that sombra now has. So I’m suggesting an idea, because its going to be even more frustrating than the mercy meta. So, what if when you interrupt sombra’s hack, it puts it on cooldown? because right now, even if you’re aiming at sombra, say you haven’t dealt any dmg to her in a split second, or you’re reloading, boom you’re hacked aaaaaaand probably dead.

IMO, at the very least if someone does notice and hit sombra while she’s trying to hack you, her ability to hack should be put on CD so she can’t do it immediately again. Atleast there’s a reward there. Let me know what you think?

1 Like

Her primary gun is very weak… she needed this buff to make her viable… any slight nerd now will make her a troll pick again like she used to… why people don’t want sombra to be meta? Just because she’s annoying? Tracer is annoying and she’s all over the place…

13 Likes

I’ve thought a similar thing. It would at least make Sombras think twice about using hack, though it wouldn’t actually do much to prevent the hacks good Sombras can already consistently get. Even a lesser cooldown would do the job, just something to make Sombra less able to get a hack when she’s already had her cover blown.

There’s probably better areas to nerf her but this isn’t a bad start, at least. Right now Hack is a low skill, high reward ability.

It isn’t nice to put words in other people’s mouths. People want Sombra to be balanced before they want her to be meta. A meta hero shouldn’t be op, and that’s what these discussions are about.

same… To be honest, her hack is op now. Genji cant climb the wall, none can do anything… It is very stupid that blizzard really buffed this ability because now she is one of the most powerful heroes in game.

Sombra is fine imho…I mean you cant tell me that shes better than tracer, this patch finally made her viable… btw i have never played sombra I only know from playing against her.

9 Likes

No ,we just want a stealth-based hero to actually use stealth ,not teleport behind/above us and hold M2.

Even if my suggestion goes through, she’s still going to be viable.
This is more about giving people an opportunity to stop sombra from disrupting, because right now there’s very little you can do about it. So if by chance you DO interrupt a sombra hack, then you should be atleast rewarded for it by scaring her away Its a tiny nerf, but it should give people a chance to stop her from wreaking havoc.

I know right? As a console player I barely feel ny difference playing her. On console the Pharmercy combo is a huge problem since aiming is harder. I would be fine if her hacking speed would be nerfed again, no big deal, but the hacking passives (maybe except Lucios) is a huge improvement we asked for a long time.
Let me make an example: You are in a clash of the two teams. Yeah sure your primary objective is to take out the healers but there is this Genji way out of position activating Dragonblade in the frontlines. Now he´s the target. You hack him and: Oh joy your hack got interpted since a D.Va sneezed from a mile away in your general direction. Hack got canceled and is on cooldown. Now what? Sombra is useless in this fight and your team got wiped out. That would be horrible.

The only way this could work out would be to reduce her cooldown timer, BUT that would be a double edged blade since she would hack the enemies left and right.
A other suggestion is to make her not beeing able to hack for 2 seconds (and not getting it on cooldown to give your team time to react, but thats pretty much it.

1 Like

Honestly this suggestion would possibly put her in a worse state than she was previously. If anything they should just revert it back to 0.8.

1 Like

Y’all acting like this is a huge nerf. Sombra is meant to disrupt from behind, her whole kit is based around that. She shouldn’t be able to walk in on the frontline unapologetically and hack whoever she pleases. If you’re playing her right, going behind, catching the enemy off guard, then 9/10 you’ll go through with the hack. With or without my suggested nerf.

The hacking is not an issue. It’s beyond easy to force Sombra to disengage because they all play the same. Throw down a translocator, sneak behind, hack, shoot, port out before dying. I played a game as Pharah against her and even when hacked I could still force her away before she could get a final blow. Then my healers healed me up, hack wears off, rinse and repeat. It got to the point the Sombra didn’t bother hacking me because she could never secure a pick and eventually switched off because I kept pressure on her when she tried to focus other targets.

The way to counter Sombra is just focus her when you hear the hack. You may not stop the hack but forcing her to disengage before doing any serious work means Sombra can’t play her role effectively which is countering her.

You severely underestimate just how often a random stray bullet can interrupt Hack, often by complete accident on the part of the shooter.

You’re also missing the entire point of the changes, Sombra has to be much more involved in the fight to charge her ultimate now. What you’re suggesting would not only be pushing her right back to a more passive play-style (in fact, much more passive than before), she’d be much worse at it than she was before due to lack of Health Pack ult charge.

1 Like

her hack can be easily interrupted by any amount of damage + you’re not always screwed once you’re hacked.

160 DPS isn’t weak

Well, would you look at that :clap:

1 Like

Amazing :ok_hand: Now Sombra will finally crash under 0.1 % pickrate… They gutted her so bad with that nerf, it’s not even funny anymore

1 Like

I had fun playing a viable Sombra. Thanks for the good two weeks blizzard. It’s back to picking other DPS I guess

1 Like