Reaper vs Genji mains on nerfs

1. Reaper main prior to his his lifesteal nerf :

• Yeah… maybe he does have to be taken a look at… but maybe a compensation buff?
  2. Genji main right now :

• LOLOLOL GIT GUD HE HAS LIKE 60 COUNTERS AND WAS UNVIABLE BEFORE BUFF
58 Likes

I always love when they come with the argument “he wasn’t meta for like 2 years”
stares in Sym, Bastion, Torb, Pharah, Sombra, Mei, Reaper
But hey, Sym and Bastion are too niche to be meta and Mei and Reaper were too strong so they needed to be brought out of the meta.
And Genji has been a middle of the pack pick for the longest time anyway…

37 Likes

woah there

please dont say her name

7 Likes

Say it 3 times in a mirror

2 Likes

There is hardly any Reaper main on the forum. This place isn’t edgy enough for them.

6 Likes

Idk probably never going to be meta

terribly designed hero, either hes OP or trash, theres no grey area

Hes quite good right now

problem with sombra is that she is really good in owl but bad on ladder

Werent these 2 meta like 3 seasons ago?

At least there is some variety now, tracer, widow, genji ashe. I didnt play a lot during mei- reaper but im under the impression that it was all you played

yeah but he was outclassed by tracer, doomfist and echo, wich is why they buffed him

3 Likes

To be honest, depending on circumstances, I’d probably rather fight Genji than Reaper.

Lifesteal is arguably better than Deflect simply for the sustain it has, too bad Reaper sucks at Flanking or Stealth.

he was pretty much head on with Echo and DF, not outclassed.

Reaper was meta for the shortest time and Mei was considered a troll pic for a majority of the game, as soon as she became meta people started crying.

good, but not meta.

what a good reasoning. Genji is allowed to get grossly overbuffed even though he already outperformed Sym, but Sym? just never going to be meta lol

1 Like

wE cOmE fOr YeR dAuGhTeR, cHuCk!

1 Like

Maybe doomfist, but echo was definetly better imo, she was used quite often in OWL

Because very few people like mei, it makes tank even less fun.

Yeah excactly what i said, hes quite good

Because blizzard seems to have given up balancing her, she hasnt recieved any buffs recently (that i remember at least) just like bastion shes kinda poorly designed, no mobilty, close range, no defensive ability except 1.0 shield.

1 Like

Yeah and Genji makes supports a lot less fun.

Eh, she was decent at best and got nerfed while Genji got buffed to the heaven

Not an excuse.

bias is bias, no use trying to argue with people like that

reaper with 50% life steal was problematic, and genji is probably gaining ultimate a bit too fast right now due to his new daamge, so he probably needs that looked at,

maybe the spread too

idk i qued a lot of support yestarday, i might have gotten lucky with matchmaking but genji never was a real problem to me

echo feels really powerfull to me. except when the enemy team is playing 7 hitscan wich is why shes really bad at times

Im trying to understand why blizzard isnt buffing her, she needs a rework but that clearly isnt working, she dosent need flat buffs imo, i honestly think at this point they should just throw her identity away completely, rework everything about her for OW2

1 Like

honestly that is the last thing i imagine they will do

because unless they are waiting for OW2 to adress characters who have been bad for years, i cant figure out any other reason why they keep not adressing them

its not that the rework isnt working, its that they ruined it,

sym 3.0 was fine before they started touching her teleporter because she became meta

She is hardly that. Her primary OWL use is EMP, mainly in an attempt to counter GOATs or set up a dive. Many have stated that the issue is it’s a long-game tactic waiting on emp which is risky when you consider the effect it can have on the clock. Pro games think about more than just a single point win but the over-all match as well.

Pros didn’t want her to become meta because of EMP being used to set up wins. Devs wanted her to have a lower skill ceiling. These two statements summarizeThe reasoning for her changes succinctly.

Honestly i think sombra is down there with worst designed hereoes with bastion and the gang.

I mean who just woke up and said LETS REMOVE ABILITIES FROM AN ABILITY BASED GAME.

I would like her to become a more offensive hero, capable of getting solo kills, maybe hack could get a shorter duration but sombra deals more dmg to that person during hacks duration, idk im not good at making buff and nerf suggestions

2 Likes

To be fair you have to have a severely high IQ to understand the complexities of Genji. Small brain Reaper mains wouldnt understand that you have to unlock the full 100% of your brain to even be viable let alone good. I once saw a tweet by Elon Musk saying he wouldnt dare to try Genji for fear that he might have a aneurysm.

6 Likes

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Thx for the laugh lol

3 Likes

This. You are the best.

2 Likes

The heroes you named are incredibly niche and a pain in the bum to play against. Especially for main tank players. I’m pretty sure that if you buff these, then most main tank players would just quit the game