Reaper no longer "Least Picked Hero" this week in GM

he’s the least picked hero of the year what are you talking about?

He already answered it on the discord, thanks for reminding me to delete that comment.

“At the range he is good at” glosses over how difficult it is to get into that range against heroes that have significantly more mobility options than he does, and a much smaller hitbox that requires Reaper to be much closer.

His shotguns do poorly against squishies since he can’t get into th right range to do it.

I read it already. Not sure what that has to do with my post.

It’s not impossible to make Reaper good against tanks but less so against squishies. His spread already does that to a certain degree. They just need to modify armor or modify Reaper so that he actually focuses tanks with effect.

1 Like

Widdow? aim grappler aim again, Reaper Wraith, Prefire, actually moving to survive with a mountain hit box ya u think reaper is not weak and has no character?
overview from wiki
Hellfire Shotguns, the ghostly ability to become immune to damage, and the power to step between shadows make Reaper one of the deadliest beings on Earth.

Reaper is the only character with interesting lore he was betrayed, and that every 1 thinks he is the bad guy, he is kinda like gutts of Overwatch universe.

and Eff you for justifying widow broken abbilities.

Hm yeah, glossing over. It’s literally my first post.

Yep, did that one already as well. Oh, and it seems like you STILL have not read the post you quoted. How do you propose we change Reaper so he “focuses tanks with effect” when the problem I JUST outlined for you, at it’s core, is not actual health pools or armor, but mitigation effects like DM or Zarya shields? Do you suggest that he completely ignores defensives?

I… Don’t actually have any idea what you’re trying to say…? Can you rephrase?

Oh I’m sorry, I got kind of lost when you said his shotguns are good against squishies here.

If what you meant was “assuming he reaches the range which he needs with zero abilities and his targets likewise do not use abilities to escape”, then yes, but that’s so theoretical, impractical, and obvious that it seemed rather pointless to state it, so I was wondering if you meant Reaper’s shotguns are good against squishies for some other reason

You basically just stated “a 280 dps weapon kills 200 hp targets”, which, of course, is correct, but seems rather…meh to point out

Yeah I read it. First thing I noticed: Reinhardt has 200 armor, not 100. Whoops.

Second thing I noticed: that means Reaper takes around 1.5 seconds to completely take away all of Reinhardt’s armor, which in Overwatch is a rather impractical amount of time.

Simply put, I disagree that DM and Zarya shields are the ones limiting Reaper. Those abilities affect all heroes, not Reaper only, and I see neither need nor reason for Reaper to bypass any of those.

Reaper needs to deal with armor better, either by allowing him to treat armor as white health, or reworking the damage-pellet distribution (e.g. 14x10 instead of 7x20) so he can burst through armor quicker.

Pretty big mistake, my bad!

That is still 2 hits of respectable headshots. I still maintain that armor is a very precarious balance that shouldn’t really be messed with (look at what happened on Brig’s release when everyone suddenly had 150 armor…). If Reaper WASN’T hindered by armor, tanking would become even MORE tedious of a task.

And my question is: why does he have to kill tanks even better than he already does? Try fighting Reaper as any tank on the roster and tell me how you fare. Does the game really need a rock, paper, tactical nuke interaction? Reaper’s problem is that he just SUCKS against everything else.

Performance metrics are usually based on ideal circumstances, as that is the intent of design. Reinhardt performs terribly against Bastion on a long open stretch, but Reinhardt is an excellent hero. Reaper’s weapons performs the role they were specifically designed to perform perfectly.

What do you mean? Reaper trying to attack completely ordinary clump of DVa, Rein and Zarya will get clubbed like a baby seal every time.

1 Like

Oh ok. So “tank buster” is actually code for “should 1v3 because his opponents are of the tank category”

I see.