Reaper got buffed?

This is probably the fastest and coolest change I’ve ever seen come to the ptr. This is really cool. Nice job Blizzard.
For those who don’t know what I’m talking about reaper got a shadow step buff where he can teleport in the air and shadow step faster.

2 Likes

Yes, it only took them 3 years to remember that Reaper was supposed to have 2 abilities kappa.

11 Likes

I wonder how many days after going live it will be called OP etc.

Well, he will be called broken instantly because this is a straight up buff with no downsides to it and people in lower ranks already find him annoying so…

With these changes he’ll probably become viable at any rank, enjoyable to play and horrible to meet lol. Essentially he goes from being a brawler to an actual flanker (on top of being able to brawl obviously) but now you can actually get to and harass people in the back with ease before fading out to meet up with the rest of your team and brawl it out with the remaining enemies.

I think that calling him brawler is wrong. Maybe it was true at the very beginning, but with the increase of shields, negations and range characters his low range made him a terrible brawler. As a flanker he actually can bring value.
Also being viable at any ranks is something that should be desired in a character.
Part of this patch is not really a buff but rather finally a fix to the ability, it seems that after about 3 years you can finally teleport where you want and not land somewhere else because of slight movement of hand or some other factor.
From what I’ve hear this invisibility is not really invisibility, apparently enemy can still see smoke on exit location, so it won’t be impossible to see him teleport.

The shields and all that is exactly why hes a brawler and anti-dive type of character, he can Stand in the frontline and facetank tank damage while killing things with big head hitboxes with ease.

Obviously you can flank with him and take down anything that comes within lethal range however unlike flankers he lacks mobility so once you initiate on something you kind of have to fully dedicate.

These changes are obviously good and The reduced time might be enough, sad that he still have the red smoke though. Also does his new invis work like moira fade or like sombras? Its huge if you cant take damage otherwise its meh.

It seems it works like Sombras, so invisibility changes nothing.

Still not viable in gm because he needs to be in peoples faces to have any value

It was fast. :slight_smile: True it was a change that people wanted from reaper for a while but this change came after a huge set of buffs and nerfs. It came a literal week after. I’m impressed because blizzard is using their ptr much more frequently.

He already IS. No hero should be able to walk into 6 enemies and hold M1 without dying.

If they tone back the reaper passive healing back to 30 or 35%, I think it should be ok.

He can’t do this
If he’s doing this then your playing in bronze

1 Like

well why would you blame the people, that lifesteal buff was terrible when everybody asked for more ceiling.

Because lifesteal has impact only in low ranks when there is no communication in team.
Reaper is no OP character and this buff won’t change it, but it might make him more viable.

thats what I mean by “ceiling”, its not something that benefits you in higher ranks much but it makes killing him in lower ranks difficult as it allows him to feed on your tanks even while you try to kill him from range.
But that’s not how the players perceive it, most of them will just think he is OP as that seems to be the reality in their teir. I’m glad they finally listened to the Reaper mains that asked for shadow step changes instead.

1 Like