Reaper changes are a NERF?

What is happening? Watched the BTC video. Why is Reaper’s bullet spread literally a dartboard…

“Git gud” argument doesn’t work when, even with the same aim, from a certain distance, he just does less damage now…

What is happening to my boy

They already said that they will be revising the PTR changes because they did not anticipate the results that the PTR showed.

So look forward to the next PTR patch.

1 Like

Do they not test their own game?

Regardless, can you link wherever that statement came from to this thread? I haven’t seen it yet.

That’s what the PTR is for.

Thanks!

But stuff like this that is so obvious should not even make it to the PTR…and some stuff has even made it to the live version of the game before. I remember there was a good week or two (or maybe even more) where Doomfist’s ult was literally unusable; would just glitch out and the screen would shake uncontrollably

Idk, as a developer i wouldn’t place all my trust in the fan base, especially one that’s 50/50 split on many topics, and one that has both unreasonable complaints and ones backed by evidence that actually make sense but what do i know

Here’s the way development works:

1. They make a change to code/add to code
  2. Test out change on private, dev only server to make sure everything is working out
  3. Put it on the PTR so that the change can be tested 10’s of thousands of times to find any glaring issues

It may seem silly to have “obvious” mistakes like that on the PTR, but if the community catches a mistake then that means the purpose of the PTR is being fulfilled

That is how rational developers test. That is not how Blizzard tests.

Not even a tiny bit true, according to Blizzard at least. They admitted it’s exclusively for bug testing and not for stuff like this.
This is also not just the only dev I’ve ever heard of using them in such a finite manner, but even every other Blizzard game utilizes their PTRs far more extensively.

1 Like

It’s already fixed on PTR. Go check it out.

2 Likes