Experiments with Reaper changes show them to be a nerf

That is only true if your aim was bad. If your aim was good, then it’d be more consistently good right? Unless Im missing something o.o

3 Likes

Got my results, you’re right! Edited my original post

4 Likes

It’s hard to explain. I encourage you to try for yourself and do a small test sample of about 10 kills on PTR and live.

6 Likes

How to maximize reaper damage at mid range
Shoot slightly to the side of the target so you hit him with both inner and outer ring.
Havn’t tested but in theory this would work.
Still hope they change it.

Oh im not saying you’re wrong. I think this is really interesting actually. I wonder how it plays out with more testing. If the spread is more consistent, I mean logically you can produce a scenario where that wouldnt be a good thing.

I guess my question is how often is it a bad thing? I’m guessing not very often, but thats just a guess.

We don’t understand exactly what “reduced spread randomization by 50%” actually means, and until we know that I don’t think there’s any point guessing why the change made reaper worse.

Let’s just raise awareness about this bug (because I’m 90% sure it’s a bug), and hopefully blizzard will change it.

It seems pretty consistently worse than before. You can test it out from a bunch of different ranges in the training range.

3 Likes

GG blizz.

This is where i’d put a gif of Reaper’s slow clap emote
IF I COULD

8 Likes

I hate this forum sometimes

Is this the same case with Roadhogs lmb shots though? Anyone test?

1 Like

Not to sound like a smart *** but I know what it means. Here’s a link to imgur, showing how reaper’s spread pattern works and what I drew up:

h ttps://imgur.com/efkqfvn

Those red circles represent 1 pellet each, and on live those red circles are TWICE the size. Meaning it can be positive, and negative.

3 Likes

Has blizzard confirmed this though? Or is it a community theory

Regardless, I think we all agree that PTR reaper’s shotguns are worse, and that it really should get fixed.

Please understand and try to read some of the posts I’ve made in defense of my point and I think you’ll see my point.

6 Likes

Sorry at work, can’t test :frowning:

Can you try shooting at different locations, maybe the sweet spot moved?

This is so hard without knowing exactly what that note means Haha

But that’s more of glitchy programming, and not an intentional nerf

They haven’t. But I’ve done my testing on the PTR and on live. The spread pattern is pretty clear and is very easy to infer from a large wall.

I had questions when I first saw the change, but here’s why it’s a nerf (outside the gifs proving it’s a nerf.)

• Reaper’s ‘fixed’ spread forces pellets to an outer ring and center dot.
  • Reaper’s old randomization allowed all of those pellets to go closer to the middle.

The result?

• More pellets to the outside
  • Less pellets to the middle

He’s using a shotgun for crying out loud. This is a nerf. I’m frustrated and I rarely play Reaper…but perhaps I’m just frustrated at all the people who have an opinion without even experiencing the changes and going “JUST AIM LOL.”

Spread needs to be tightened, or the strange pattern needs to be changed if they want this to be a buff.

18 Likes

It’s not glitchy, it’s doing exactly what it’s meant to be doing but that ends up as a nerf because it means less pellets are hitting enemies.

I absolutely agree it’s not an intentional nerf, no one at Blizzard thought they were nerfing him doing this (and is clear evidence they didn’t bother to test this change at all) but they are.

1 Like

It’s either a bug or an oversight.

Calm down.

Here you go.

8 Likes

I clearly stated why it’s a problem, why I’m frustrated and what I think they should do to fix it.

Get lost if you want to try telling me how to communicate.

5 Likes