Reaper buff idea

His shotguns are called hellfire shotguns what if they did a damage over time because instead of shooting buck shots he shooting dragon fire rounds.

It would probably make him op. just thought it be a cool idea maby help with the armor issue give it more counters.

I need healing had that on his swift strike in the beta, that was swiftly removed as it was beyond OP.

perhaps give him some sort of right click ability that did damage over time? making something like that his primary fire might be too strong, but a high burst dmg right click that left a “burn” would be cool.

2 Likes

Ah didn’t know that cool to know.

I wouldnt mind if they added a right click ability that gave him slug rounds on a cool down

reaper is actually the highest dps hero in the game.

he does not need buffs man. he actually needs some huge nerfs.

he does 560 dps if he headshots. no other hero in the game can do that, and thats a fact

Smoke, you are correct, but in most circumstances, Reaper cannot do 560 dps. Bastion used to be able to do that sort of DPS but that was removed due to both the hacker problem and due to the focus on shield busting and not outright killing. Reaper is built to kill, not shield bust.
Giving him a secondary weapon would be possible, as we saw in the Doomfist gauntlet cinematic, allowing him to burst through armour from range, however his survivability would need to be nerfed in place of it, reducing the self heal from 80hps down to around 40hps I’d say. Nerfing his mobility wouldn’t be possible, as he has none lol.

I think a simple increase of his magazine would go a long way.

Indirectly done with the auto reload from his ult and wraith.

I think his mobility is his problem, not his DPS. He can tank bust fine, but allowing him to shadow step during wraith form is an idea I have batted around for weeks now.

get your sarcasm out of here

1 Like

He should shoot a fire ball with right click,that has the same hitbox and shape as Orisa’s halt.

Too similar to firestrike, boypig.
His DPS isn’t the problem, nor is the armour. The armour is there to keep Reaper balanced, as most Reapers are better off targeting squishies due to his ability to get close from behind and wipe them out in two shots. If he could rip through armour, then he’d surpass Bastion as the best anti tank in the game, which is not the sort of power he should have with that amount of mobility.

what mobility lmao…

Wraith, something that Bastion doesn’t have. As I said earlier, the ability to Shadow step both faster and during wraith form would make him way better, and put him in the lines of Tracer, without doubt. Perhaps reducing the sound queues as well would help.

Don’t lisen to this guy I dont know what he is doing but just look for youself please:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/buff-reaper-dr-seuss-style/178903/4?u=schwinix-2357

He is just here to troll and make people toxic and sadly it worked on my -,-
Hope you get banned from the forums at least.

Just a warning tho.

And to reaper: I think he is ok besides shadow step could use some QoL changes maybe no crits when shadow stepping? IDK I don’t really play reaper would just think that would make it better.

2 Likes

Oh, on mobility I actually suggested many many times to let his teleport function like Doomfist’s meteor strike.

Removing him from the map get an overhead map view and he can reappear on a position of his choice. Of course without the damage on impact and he is still vulnerable when he reappears.

That would allow him to use Teleport as an escape tool and give him some possibility to really sneak into the back line.

A neat idea, however due to Doom’s ult having that ability, I doubt that it’ll happen. Giving him invincibility during the Shadow Step teleport process would help, but it is a clunky ability as it is. Reworking it is what Blizzard needs to do, as you suggest.

1 Like

I floated around an idea that while in Wraith Reaper would do damage to enemies he passed through. Though, it wouldn’t be that game changing it would be neat.

I would rather have a buff to shadowstep before a buff to anything else (unless it’s an RNG rework for his shotguns).

Don’t bother with him he been going on everyone posts trolling just ignore him. he just was on one of mine earlier doing the same thing