Reaper buff, Doomfist still bottom teir

Doomfist is my fav character in the game. I still play him but I’ve found it increasingly difficult to manage with the reaper buff. I still don’t understand why they had to slap on more damage after decreasing his bullet spread. Now whenever I disengage he easily looks up and “snipes” me out of the air. Pairing this with McCree makes things all the more unbearable as the two run around in an annoying duo stunning and 2-3 shotting people like me.

I was having an amazing couple of games and I was on a win streak until a duo switched to a Reaper + McCree duo and suddenly I couldn’t even get halfway to any destination I was using for escape or engaging without getting stunned out of the air where reaper was waiting patiently below me or getting headshotted once while being intercepted by reaper while trying to escape or he simply shot me with his crazy annoying increased range.

People constantly complain “everyone outranges reaper” but is that not an issue that every close range character has? Learning how to come from behind or close space fast/defend while advancing is a part of playing a close range character like Doomfist, Brig, or Rein. I see why the spread would be closed on reaper’s gun but I think the damage reduction they had at first would’ve been fine left alone.

Reaper wasn’t “buffed”, they initially nerfed him by making him weaker than what he was in the experimental patch, and now they change it back. The new Reaper does indeed deal better with Doomfist because the combo range is more or less within Reaper’s effective range now.
Both Doomfist and McCree should probably be looked at, but that doesn’t have much to do with the Reaper changes.

1 Like

You got counter picked. Time to swap off doom and do what they did.
Everyone else has to counter pick when we see you flying across the map.

1 Like

Doom is a very special case in the way that every single hero that has any form of cc or stun counters you while you yourself are a stun and cc character. Which sadly means at least half the roster counters you. And since he is a cc character people will riot at any buffs he gets to those aspects, but if you nerf his cc and buff other things about him he will still just be a free kill to any team with a McCree, Hog, Brigitte, and more with them.

Not to mention all the bugs he has which since they have been there from launch I am willing to bet Blizz simply CAN’T fix them. This overall leads me to believe that if we ever do get a Doom buff or even a change, it’ll be in the form of a rework of some sort. Whether they will do that with their focus on OW2 is a mystery though.

1 Like

This isn’t a reaper problem it’s a doomfist problem, he’s weak at the moment and could use a small buff/revert.