Reaper and Mei buffs confirmed

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, remember the last time they said they were going to buff Mei?

How did those 2 icicles work out? Oh that’s right, they were irrelevant to a hero in such a poor spot.

In before they “buff” Mei’s right-click to only cost 19 ammo instead of 20. That’ll fix everything.

4 Likes

I’m a Reaper main so of course I’m excited for Reaps but I’m also excited for Mei. I know she’s basically Satan but she’s been in a pretty lame state for a long time, hopefully she’ll be able to slow down the game a bit by freezing out some of the mobility :snowflake:

1 Like

Exactly what I want.

I’m so glad that they actually were listening. However, they said “if it comes around”, I’m worried hey might go back on their word should the Tank meta not come around.

4 Likes

I’m in shock

20characters

fck no, getting tanks in competeive is already hard enough. Being a tank is already rough enough as is, how about you just nerf moria aoe heal ffs

2 Likes

Hopefully they’re going to be less cautious with Mei buffs this time around. The previous tweak was nothing, they need to take risks if they want to get her out of 0% pick rate hell.

As for Reaper, I honestly hope they fix Shadow Step first and foremost. 2 years in the game and it still feels like a relic from the Open Beta.

4 Likes

Secondary fire should only unlock when he’s used all of his bullets and it should just be him literally chucking the empty guns at his enemies to get one last use out of them

5 Likes

This makes me happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m quite nervous about the thought of Mei being buffed, to me she’s already in a very good spot, I’m not sure what else they’ll be able to buff about her without making her more annoying than she is now, or without making her too strong.
I’m just hoping it’s nothing extreme.

1 Like

My heart just bursted and that guy who made a thread about donating to charity has to cough up

1 Like

My Ice Queen will bee seen a lot more with her golden gun on my acct now!

Stylosa already uploaded a video. :smiley: That guy is lit.

2 Likes

unless youre below plat , Reaper was never picked, so nah, he didnt do anything to make tank’s jobs any harder, so he definetly deserves a buff, tanks are strong enough as it is.

2 Likes

it’s not the strength of tanks its the fact that tanks are only as strong as their healer, so moria’s dumb aoe spam heal is why the tanks are strong, the tanks are not strong themselves and are already an issue with being selected in hero select, i can not count the number of times people just got lawls 5dps. So making even few people wanting to select a tank because they get wrecked by mei and reaper makes the game as a whole even worse.

2 Likes

Not really if u consider the fact Reaper and Mei are really easy to pick-off as dpses, tho i can see your struggle, you should never play 4 dpses, but if faced with Mei and Reaper it might be wise to go solo tank Winston and get some good clicking heads going.

1 Like

Do you even play competitive? about 80% of my matches people go 4-5 dps, where no one wants to tank or heal

Well i’m a flex 3.7k player, climbed all the way from Silver back in S1, i understand that sometimes, the matchmaking just puts you with a bunch of Dps one tricks, Reaper and Mei buffs wont really change that… and at your level i’m sorry to say most of the time Dps is the way to go since you can punish bad behaviour and usually dont need help from coordination… and that succs somewhat but thats how it goes, just pray to RNGeebus that you can get good head-clickers.

Secondary fire. Shotgun shoots a slug instead of buckshot. Since most complaints i see are about armor. giving him a high damage single shot option on a cooldown might help with that.

1 Like

Hoping to have a tank and healer player on your team isn’t a good way to run a game, hell i fell from plat all the way to bronze(i’m now high silver =/) just after a string of Lawl i’m a dps main flooding my games. Heck i haven’t logged into OW in days just because it is so freaking frustrating to get yet another game of 5 dps mains. So if Blizzard wants to discourage tank play by making them countered by mei/reaper rather than address the main problem (moria) thats a really really stupid thing to do imo. We need more tank and support players not less.