Really?! Sym nerfs!? I'm done

I don’t think she’s as bad as Hanzo, but i think any shot that would 1 hit kill a hero at full hp should only reduce them to 1hp.

She’s not fun to play against :slight_smile:

1 Like

As if you don’t have teammates. Sigma and Orisa can to btw

1 Like

Good. Sym literally melted me out of Winston ult in 2 seconds. Her dmg was ridiculous at full charge

1 Like

Symmetra literally can’t do that
you’re saying she literally has DPS on the level of Bastion in sentry mode

6 Likes

Mm, that’s literally impossible but ok

9 Likes

Overreactors, jeez.

They shouldn’t have changed the beam damage, but I agree with changing the width.

As for the real changes I want, please Blizzard, remove her ultimate. Thank you.

As for Blizzard, you immediately nerf Symm when she finally becomes viable in less than a week while stuff that are a lot more broken can stay in the game for months, clearly y’all only treat her like a second class citizen. I’ve never seen a single gaming company pandering this hard to their whiny playerbase like Blizzard.

Forum Moderator Note: Inappropriate comment removed.

7 Likes

Not even Mercy 2.0 was nerfed as quick as this
shows how much Blizzard hate Symmetra

10 Likes

That’s what Blizzard as whole not seeing. They catered to a crowd that dislikes counters. They’re like the free handouts of participation club. No wonder most of my friends stay baffle at me why I still support this company.

8 Likes

Exactly, they didn’t even think of giving the playerbase more time to adapt to the changes or nerf the thing that is clearly creating the barrier meta which allows her to be even powerful in the first place. Orisa has been a must pick for eternity but of course nerf the hero who is doing well against her because apparently Symm isn’t allowed to be strong in her favorable meta.

3 Likes

Regardless of their breadcrumb reasoning. We know why they nerf her. They think players like us won’t know the real truth.

1 Like

I just want to play Symm without being worried that I’m throwing just because I’m playing Symm.

13 Likes

Because it’s overly punishing on flankers. The bug fix was just another thing that hurt flankers especially Tracer.

I think that’s what Overwatch developers want. They need Symmetra as the throw pick hero.

Or maybe they just adjusted this.

h ttps://imgur.com/a/Vu6mSeV?fbclid=IwAR2UUVGo_hQh_xtlJidUlGQvUFiIJAhAxrHtEKC0UjVBEFWhKjEE2HGFlYE

Completely agree, this is ridiculous.

Awful at higher level play due to the perfect storm of crap in-combat mobility, no sustain/damage mitigation, and horrid range.

At the very least she should be genning shields on damage as compensation Reaper/Doomfist style.

3 Likes

For once, I actually agree with a Symmetra player.

Personally, I don’t know why they changed the damage output for her and Zarya, I don’t know why they changed the width instead of the length of it either. But this is a direct response to the double shield meta and Symmetra benefiting from always being at full power and regaining her ammo as she beams down shields.

Personally, I think they’re nerfing the wrong heroes. Sigma probably should’ve gotten more nerfs than Symmetra in this patch. It’s shocking that his only nerfs were 35 -> 30 explosion damage and a longer ultimate intro. Blizzard is trying to cover their own mistakes up by directing peoples attention towards Symmetra and Zarya, instead of admitting that they messed up with the new heroes kit. Symmetra is just another casualty in the ‘bad hero design’ category. Maybe they’ll help her by giving her a new damage ultimate.

That too, but now imagine being a Tracer and having to rely on AD strafing against that.