Really frequent fps drops

I used to be able to run overwatch perfectly but recently its been having a bunch of fps drops and i dont know what is causing it this is my pc

Amd Ryzen 5 1600
8gb Dual channel ram 1330mhz
Asrock AB350M pro 4 (Motherboard)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (NVIDIA)

1 Like

I’m having exactly the same problem and friends that I am playing with experience the same problem.

W10, 64bit
8GB Ram
AMD FX 8320, 3,5 GHz, 4 Core
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960

Overwatch used to run very smoothly at a constant framerate of 80-90, using medium graphic detail levels.
I now switched to low graphic detail levels and experience constant fps drops during the game, meaning: The game will usually run at 90 fps, but sometimes drop to 30-50 fps with a stagger in the visual. Obviously not possible to play any dps hero well like that.

I have followed the instructions to increase system performance, there are also no other applications running in the background.

A friend of mine has a low-end PC that used to run Overwatch at around 50fps. It now dropped to 20-30 fps, making the game unplayable.

This has occured with the latest updates and it seems to be a common issue now.

1 Like

I cant really play the game till its fixed would be great for the development team to acknowledge this

1 Like

Trying to start a megathread on this exact issue -

same, i have i5, 8gb ram, and gtx 1050ti, but i get like 2fps every 5-10 sec in game, even with lowest graphics, lowering my resolution, and 50% render scale.
i can’t even play this game anymore.