Really bad FPS issues

So Ive been playing this game for a while and even though my graphics card is not the best (gtx 1050) i always had a minimum of 60fps. Some days ago I started to notice some really bad performance issues in the game. I now have 10-30fps whenever im in a game or in training. Ive checked all the forum posts on how to maximize your performance… I have every video setting on low, tried deleting the blizzard/battle.net folders, used Task-Manager to boost my fps. None of those worked. I started playing with low fps 2 days ago and it really hurts as I can really dont play. Would really appreciate any help.

Hello Finn :wave:

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your performance in-game… we can look over system diagnostics to see if something’s up with your configuration or drivers, but let’s check something quickly first. It can help to refresh the game’s settings, especially after driver, OS and client updates.

1. Hit Windows key+R.
  2. Type “c:\Users” and hit enter.
  3. Navigate to C:\Users%USERNAME%\Documents\Overwatch. where %USERNAME% is your login name.
  4. With the game closed, delete the “Settings” folder from the Overwatch folder.
  5. Rerun the game.

If issues persist, then let’s look at a DXDIAG report. This will show us your system hardware, and if (for example) the wrong graphics device is being prioritized.

Obtaining System Files

You can include the DXDIAG in a reply to the forum post. Place it between rows of accent marks (`) for formatting:

```
Like this.
```

Hey again,

So I did refresh the games settings and I still have the same amount of fps.
Im not quite sure how to reply with the DXDIAG report… i have saved the file just like the “Obtaining System Files” tells me to. I dont think you want me to copy the whole thing…
Do you just need a certain aspect of the report?
Sorry Im not really good with computers…

ive had the same issue the last few days as well. everything blizzard has suggested has done nothing. i even wiped my whole pc. after that it worked for a bit but after playing on my second account and coming back the next morning it was all messed up again

Its not everyone’s computer, just admit you guys messed up. It’s been 4 days and yet there is no update to fix this issue. A multitude of people are reporting the same issue and you guys have yet to do anything about it.

2 Likes

Ive gone to every length to fix this issue, I have ran diagnostics, updated drivers, restarted my internet, reset my in game settings, lowered the graphics, made Overwatch the system priority and still no solution. I just want this to get fixed because I ran the Direct X Diagnostic and it said my system and everything plugged into it had no issues at all. Please just fix this.

For everyone still looking for a solution,
I think Razer Synapse is the problem. I uninstalled it and Im getting min. 60 fps and up to 300 again. Thanks for trying to help me thought Metalagon!
I appreciate it

1 Like

Yeah, I did the same and it worked.

I have the same problem and can’t play my favorite game now

Hey all,

Keep in mind that these FPS drops may have a large number of different causes. For those who have razer synapse/chroma software, please check this thread. Otherwise, create your own thread.