💀 Real reason this Reaper change is wrong

Yeah but that’s no longer goats because you neither run triple tank nor triple support

It would make it easy easier to get close, he’d get more lifesteal vs Armor about halfway between Live and PTR, and do 67% more damage vs Armor instead of only 33% more. And after all of that, he could get away scottfree as long as he has a friendly tank to teleport to, or has killed all nearby enemies.

Thing is, how much Healing does Reaper get when shooting a Rein/Zarya/Dva shield?

How much HP does he get when stunned?

Even with your buffs, shadow step would just be a repositioning tool, you can’t engage with it or anything, it’s too loud.

Teams would hear the reaper coming a mile away, and coordinated ones would delete the Reaper for it.

Being able to quickly kill a tank and then teleport away would have been good but it’s not practical. Your changes wouldn’t transform reaper into a dive hero, his best bet would still be staying with his team for the whole maneuver.

Only in uncoordinated ranks would Reapers have a chance of pulling of your strat, and it would just be a Reaper teleporting away from his team all game, falling behind the tank of choice, killing said tank without him being able to save himself anyway, and then teleporting away so the enemy can’t even try to punish him.

1. Reaper moves forward at a decent speed with Wraith.
  2. And hero that goes in by themselves would get deleted.
  3. Nearly, every other hero viable in high tier isn’t reliant on their team to get into their effective attack range.

He still is counterable, but you have little room for error. It wont be just pick Reaper and you automatically win.

Blizz want tank players to fear reaper in his small range, I guess the 50% heal buff is actually doing this, he still has no range and he will die if you focus on him.

It’s also his only protection.

Not ptr Reaper.

Well this one is, he’s a bruiser dps afterall.

Yup. I was scratching my head at this change. I mean, I do think GM players will be able to utilize this on several maps but overall he’s still going to get mowed down by snipers.

I mean, didn’t Jeff recently do an interview where he even said a majority of the player base doesn’t even experience goats? Buffing him for a rank that doesn’t have the problem and where Reaper is actually good? Seems like a nightmare for lower ranks.

That’s why he’s be completely immune to damage on the first half of ShadowStep…

The second half would be risky, but if the enemy doesn’t have line of sight, range, or you teleport to a teammate, you’d be fine.

Reaper will still succeed in high ranks because that’s where GOATS is run the most, but he will be downright oppressive in gold and below. He will require stuns and team focus fire to kill, but no one under 3k SR is getting consistent coordination like that without a stack. Plats will just have better aim than golds.

Shadowstep shouldn’t be Reaper’s answer to needing protection, that’s obnoxious enough in the form of Sombra’s translocator (the teleporting away instead of dying part).

Regardless, I think ptr Reaper is fine as he is, speaking from the low ranks. Reaper is going to see play against dive and deathball on deathball teams. Close range combat is underappreciated in this game, but its actually become really strong, the two strongest comps will have to aggress into Reaper.

On the flip side, Bunker comp is going to be great against him. Ranged deathballs will see more play. That’s something I’m especially excited about, a revival of pure deathball, the way it should be.