Re release exclusive skins (limited time)?

I dropped out of 3500s… :confused:

Why do people feel the need to be special? It is just skins, let us use this worthless currency that just builds because of all the dupes.]

This is how OW will end up being monetized, its just how the industry is now. Only -some- skins will remain exclusive thankfully I own all of those.

I totally agree with OP

So what? You made the choice to spend your money on a cosmetic item. big deal.

1 Like

Since when were any of the current skins that they re-released “exclusive” ?

Again, I have thousands of the coin currency for skins, emotes, etc. A large portion of us do and I have never purchased any loot boxes. I have nothing to spend coin on unless its an event/holiday with new skins. Just let us purchase using the ingame currency.

They came back for switch players I think

No, I like it when digital things (besides pre-order) are available again for everyone to enjoy.
For example I have all of those weekly challenge skins but I wouldn’t mind if all of them came back again. Or the kerrigan skin etc.
Even the paid ones don’t bother me if it was explictly stated that they never return (although I don’t like exclusive digital things anway…).

It’s a game. People should enjoy what they have and not what others don’t have.

1 Like

im sorry but thats not true at all.
i remember genji oni skin being my favorite, now since anyone has it, it looks like a 2nd default skin. exclusivity is not “nothing”

I was talking about the League items they recently have been unlocking with the vaults. Please don’t use my comments out of text to push your agenda.

And if I recall correctly, that skin was part of two skins that were given out during the HotS Nexus challenge. The Police Officer D.Va and Oni Genji.

I explained that above:

This is a good suggestion.

None that I’m aware of actually. The only mostly likely candidates for actual exclusive skins would be the pre-order Widowmaker Noire, the Pink Mercy, and two Blizzcon specific skins (Bastion and Winston). And possibly the 20th anniversary StarCraft skin Kerrigan for Widow. There have been arguments that the Nexus challenge event skins should have been, but that was changed for console players.

Nintendo switch users, It wasn’t the game when the pink mercy skin of pity came out and some more, they should come back

Exclusive skins should be exclusive. They represent memories of people who played this game at a specific time.

Instead of copy-paste skins into the game, it’s better for a game to have new skins released, and make new players feel exclusive too by generating beautiful memories now, without creating regrets for old players.

However, the company adopts the tactic of a quick buck. So let’s just copy-paste old skins and make them pay, while basically creating nothing, and adding nothing to the product itself.

This game is technically dead. Only smurfs, derankers and alternate accounts keep it alive.

Imho kinda funny i never hear people rage about mythic raid mounts in wow which go from 100% drop rate to 0.1% after the expansion is over.

Nobody bats an eye, but if they missed an ow skin. The screaming is real…

1 Like

Demon Hunter Sombra was not just the only BlizzCon Overwatch Skin that ever returned, but also one of the very few BlizzCon cosmetics overall that ever did.

Also they announced it from the very beginning that you would have a 2nd chance to get it at a later point - which they haven’t done for any other BlizzCon Skin.

I think it is extremely unlikely that one of the other BlizzCon Skins will ever return.

Oh? What was the other one pray tell?

I can answer that for you. None.

Blizzcon 2016 - Bastion with Blizzcon markings and the 10th anniversary logo.
Blizzcon 2017 - Winston with Blizzcon markings
Blizzcon 2018 - Sombra Demon Hunter - 2019 given as a Halloween event item
Blizzcon 2019 - Symmetra Tryrande and Genji Illidan
Blizzcon 2020 - Didn’t happen
Blizzcon 2021 - Reinhardt - Raynhardt

Only the Sombra skin was re-released later. That is why I suggest they also allow the two WoW skins and the SCII skin to be also released at some point. They are game crossover skins, not Blizzcon specific.

And as noted in this reply from WyomingMyst:

Yeah, we are quite a bunch over here.

You do realize that those memories don’t change? If anything, seeing the skins make a return should actually bring back more of those memories no?

I don’t know if they are thinking in that frame of mind, but I get what you are saying. But do you know how many players complain on the forums every month, year, about skins they missed out on or didn’t get? A LOT. Its a large contrast to the threads wanting Blizzard to only put out exclusive, one-time, rare skins. I mean when you think about that, its not rocket science.

While they probably can’t make every single skin come back, I’m okay with them choosing those that should return. And that includes League stuff, Challenge Events, (both during and in-between special events) and a few others that people would like a chance to either grind or buy. There is nothing wrong with this.

That’s exactly what I was saying :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s not like only people who have played those skins were allowed to buy those.

Re-read your comment here above. That reads to me as if you mean to say there was another one when there wasn’t.

Ok, maybe the sentence was messing with my mind. You are correct, I apologize.

No problem.

Happens to me as well at times :sweat_smile: