Re Experimental: So Genji can counter Moira now?

Yeah, and his balance changes are absolutely overkill. ONE of those changes going through would have made him considerably better to play. All of them together equal some of the most ridiculous power creep I’ve seen in this game to date.
If his spread is reduced so much, why the hell would he need a straight up damage buff as well? Genji mains complain that shuriken aren’t good for sustained damage, due to how unreliable they are, but with CONSIDERABLY reduced spread, that argument just doesn’t stand anymore. I seriously hope they pull like 80-90% of these changes back, because it’s legit ridiculous.

There are so many characters that are more deserving of decent buffs, and they can’t even get a single buff in any of the recent patches. But genji gets ALL this in one go?

GEnji needed some buffs, not sure about Hanzo tho.

I think that the problem is not with buffing the DPS but rather not buffing / nerfing the supports and tanks.

1 Like

I knew Moira would be nerfed the moment I saw DPS mains (especially Genji mains) whining about her doing her job.

Not only tanks are bad, but now that support is losing their only effective anti-flank option, their role will also be bad.

I swear, devs are really trying to kill their own game.

5 Likes

Goat was a thing because it was the only comp to outweight the raw damage output of DPSs with high HPs of 3 tanks, shields and heals.

1 Like

Tracer has never been and will never be oppressive in any rank below masters.

1 Like

You all keep saying Genji counters Moira now, I want to see some of you pick Genji and can consistently kill a Moira in the middle of her team.

The patch gives Genji 1 extra second of breathing room, so that Genjis don’t have to be automatically a throw pick as soon as some noobs press H and pick Moira.

Don’t forget Genji is also being shot at by your DPS as well, he doesn’t need to be also heavily pressured by Supports on top of it.

2 Likes

genuinely what other dps in the game doesn’t counter the entire support roster? bastion maybe???

what hero goes

oh no its x support my life is in danger gotta back out

brigitte is a joke. nobody is scared of brigitte. and nobody has inconsistent enough damage to be scared of moira except genj. the support roster is nothing but free kills when i play any other hero.

1 Like

You forget that people are supposed to want to play support buddy.
And getting killed by someone you didn’t even see over and over again isn’t fun.
Nowhere does it say flankers are supposed to kill healers 100% of the time.
All flankers need to do is flank. Draw enemy attention to them, not confirm kills every time they go into the back line.

4 Likes

Every single hero in the game counters moira on experimental.

2 Likes

Like how genji or doomfist can look at a zenyatta and he dies? Cuz that doesn’t seem like a really fair matchup either, but what do I know

5 Likes

I mean, from direct countering? The direct support counters are heroes like tracer, genji or snipers. But lets say reaper is not exacly a support counter, same for soldier. Mccree is half fair, depends if he get in face to righg click.
Basicialy most supports have more chance if target is not hyper mobile thing, at least its more fair skill match up for them. When one side is not mobile, and other hyper mobile, and non mobile side dont have anything like more hp or some high dmg, the mobile side gets uper hand on the fight more.
I mean, i saw mercy mains killing reapers in 1v1 more offten than vs genji or tracer XD

2 Likes

oh my god

1 Like

What? In zen vs mccree you actualy have similiar chance to win at long range. But at close he just stun and you are out.

1 Like

Zen has no mobility and McCree will not hesitate to two tap you. If he can do it to a Lucio flying around the point at max speed, I think he can handle a Zenyatta.

1 Like

Mccree is not much more mobile, and he also can kill mccree in two shots. The difference mostly is still hitbox size, but its better than genji jumping around you.

Hitscan vs Projectile at cree effective range are odds im not willing to take as a support. shouldn’t be 1v1ing anyway

1 Like

99% of dps from Plat downward would have to be reported, if not diamond too.

3 Likes

I mean, one of zen problems now is that he was ok to 1v1 people in past, as he is dmg base support after all. Maybe he need some help in general tbh.

How can Moira hard counter anything with a piddly 50dps? It’s not possible to hard counter something when literally everything else in the game can potentially kill you significantly faster than you kill it!

Seriously, Moira literally doesn’t have the ability to hard counter anything with her damage, everyone that thinks she can just sucks at aiming full stop

1 Like

I would just like to remind everyone that when flankers were a huge problem by literally deleting supports in seconds the devs tried to fix this by adding Brig and Moira and further broke the game.

Now we’re at a balance limbo again of the devs not knowing what they’re doing with flankers and Moira.

3 Likes