[Razer Synapse] FPS Won't Go Above 64FPS

I did the Display Driver Uninstaller, installed older nvidia driver. The problem still persists.

Thanks for trying everyone, this helps me sort out possible ideas.

Check NVidia Control Panel

The next thing I would recommend checking is making sure settings in the NVidia control panel are set correctly. To reach your graphics card control panel, go to your Windows desktop (minimize or close all programs), right-click any empty space, and select the graphics card control panel shortcut that appears in the pop-up menu.

3D Settings > Power Management Mode: Here you can specify the power performance of your graphics card. This setting is especially important for laptops. Please note, whenever you play Overwatch on a laptop, make sure to always be plugged into electrical power and not run off the battery. For this setting, manually set to Prefer maximum performance.

Power Management Setting

Adjust Display Size and Position > Refresh Rate: Finally, check this setting to ensure you have the highest possible refresh rate being sent to the monitor.

Refresh Rate Setting

Completely delete your Overwatch Video/Audio settings file

Locate the following file on your computer:

[UserName]/Documents/Overwatch/Settings/Settings_v0.ini

Delete that file entirely. Then relaunch Overwatch, if you see the “Are you with us?” Cinematic start to play then you know you deleted the file successfully. This completely removes all custom settings for Video and Audio and returns them to default.

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t work. I already tried a lot of this stuff with changing nvidia settings, reinstalling the game, changing accounts, or other stuff I can’t quite remember right now. Either way it started happening yesterday (friday) and was not happening on thursday. I don’t remember when I downloaded the newest driver but I would assume I did it after playing overwatch on thursday.

EDIT: I also have looked at my DxDiag and the only errors I have found at the bottom of the .txt file were stuff unrelated to OW.

Actually someone in a different thread (thread I posted) said that they had issue before updating to new drivers.

I understand that, please still follow my instructions if you have time.

Yeah I did, I just responded twice. I tried the other things again, none worked.

I also have this issue. The FPS unlocks (i have a custom limit set at 240FPS) when I am “dead” in game awaiting respawn, but once the respawn takes place and I am back in first person view, the FPS caps back down to 64FPS.

I tried the above NVidia control panel changes and deleting the Video/Audio settings file, and still capped at 64fps in game.

No framerate problems with a Ryzen 5600X, Win10 pro, and a 1080ti on Nvidia driver 456.71 with all settings at default in Nvidia Control Panel.

I have the same problem. I tried all of the above to no avail. Other games are not affected (at least none of the ones I tried).

Was it a problem then you got default settings or something?

I followed all the instructions from WyomingMyst, including deleting the settings_v0.ini file and I still have the same problem as the rest, I am lucky to get 64 fps when I could easily get 144 a few days ago

I’m having the exact same problem, tried all the solutions provided here and nothing works.

although i did start getting issues last night before doing any driver updates. but then updated to latest NVIDIA driver and that didnt fix it.

Specs:
Intel(R) Core™ i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3080 (MSI 10GB)

Please Report your DxDiag files to help us

Thanks for the feedback everyone. At this point, I am leaning to something that is going on with the game. However at this point I think the only thing we can ask for is to post your DxDiag files for Blizzard to review.

Here are the instructions to generate a DxDiag file (click here)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
  5. Open the file in Windows Notepad, then press Ctrl+A to select all text, then Ctrl+C to copy all text to the clipboard.
  6. Start a new reply, and type two sets of four squiggly lines and then place the cursor in between and press Ctrl+V to paste the Contents in a code block. Example:

~~~~
Paste your DxDiag File Here
~~~~

In the unlikely event you cannot post your DxDiag file because there are too many characters you can put it in pastebin and provide the Pastebin link here:

1. Go to www.pastebin.com
  2. In the open field paste your DxDiag there and click “Create New Paste” (Please note you are not required to create an account on that website and your file will remain there temporarily for a few days.)
  3. Once created paste the link in your reply. Note if you are not permitted to post links, please wrap the contents between two tick marks like so:
`www.pastebin.com/linkurl`

I will experiment with my computer setup tonight to see if there is anything more I can figure out from my end, but I am only a forum MVP and I think this is going to be something for Blizzard to figure out.

https://pastebin.com/MM1PETqY

https://pastebin.com/DUV5EPKp

414 letters over cap :frowning:
Thanks for all the help, I sent a support ticket in earlier today, but since it is the weekend I assume they won’t see it until monday or even later.

Don’t know if I did the pastebin right so I created a second one with an account.

Heres my DxDiag

No, just adding in some data from a properly working game to help add context to the problem for troubleshooting. I literally built this PC yesterday, EVERYTHING is fresh. New CPU, memory, motherboard + latest BIOS, NVME drive, a fresh windows installation, brand new Overwatch installation, only the most current video driver has ever been installed.

I am having the exact same issue, just started happening today. 5900x and 3080fe. No clue what is capping it.

1 Like

I played around with my game installation on my system (GTX 1070, i7-Core CPU). I am getting uncapped framerates to the normal expectations of my system. I have tried multiple graphic card drivers and reset my settings in Overwatch along with changing any others that I can.

I simply can’t duplicate the problem you guys are reporting. I am not necessarily saying, “this is not the game’s fault.” However, its more in the ballpark of something with specific system setups not playing nice with Overwatch.

Thank you both for sharing your DxDiag files, the only thing I am finding common is that you both might have the game-performance boosting app Razer Cortex running on your systems. Try turning off any auto-boosts for Razer Cortex and see if that helps.

1 Like

Hi I have years playing OW with 144 FPS after a update part of Nvidia or OW , I have the same problem . when I died my dps go up 144 . but when I return to the game is 60fps and for me now is impossible to play normal , I miss to play OW just my eyes can see how low is 60 fps and I unplayable :(.