Rate The Storm Rising Event

-7 out of ten ratings

1 Like

They really should have done a Talon mission this year.

10 Likes

2: One for the Ashe skin, and one for the map looking pretty.

12 Likes

it felt like i played a trailer of the event lol. or watched the credits to a marvel movie with that reveal like i’m supposed to be hype when i don’t even know who it is.

would of been more shocked if it was mercy or lucio being evil or something.

21 Likes
  1. reused enemies and bosses. no unique skins for the mission. map itself felt pretty underwhelming aside from the storm weather effects. played it once for story and once on all heroes no interest in playing it again.
9 Likes

Nice cinematics and a little bit of lore (FINALLY!), but basically it’s Retribution, but shorter and with payload. Enemies are the same as before, there is no one special in it. After all the teasing I was expecting something different.

9 Likes

An honest and fair 3. the game and my interest in it has officially peaked.

9 Likes

Reusing talon is fine, as it would be impossible to add a new group each year.
Motorbike was obviously not going to happen, not a disappointment there…

However, Not at least one new enemy type, and the special enemies were placed in really awkward places, making fights a complete cluster and kind of uncomfortable, especially with the common units shooting you from the other side of the room.
I give it a 5.

5 Likes

3/10

Pros

-Nice skins and cosmetics

-New map

Cons

-Reusing heroes

-No new enemies

-Mission is rather short and uninteresting

-Story feels bland and unimportant

-The stinger just made me confused.

13 Likes

Probably an 8 or 9, I just love it. The cinematics, the gameplay, the skins, the HAMMY INTRO. I feel like a minority here ._.
I don’t really care about reused enemies anyways.

2 Likes

I would give it 1 for the cinematic and one for being PvE. So 2/10.

6 Likes

Its been a year of no new additions to events this was supposed to be the thing that makes it all better… it hasn’t

12 Likes

6 if it had not crashed and bricked the game for its a 2

2 Likes

A big fat 8!
The cutscenes were amazing (That gency moment was cute!)
and the cliffhanger at the end!
ETA: The map is BEAUTIFUL.
Also I would’ve preferred if they wore some type of uniform tbh

1 Like

The skins: a solid 9/10. If only I liked to play Ashe because I’m living for that skin

The gamemode: like 5/10? Idk it’s pretty underwhelming. But the cutscenes are like 10/10 amazing

1 Like

6/10

Negative:

• Reused Heroes that we already played in previous Archives
  • Reused Enemies
  • Doesn’t feel as unique as the other 2 Events

Positive:

• Talon Baptiste Skin
  • The new map
1 Like

2 out of 10.

Only 1 of the heroes hasn’t been seen in an Archives event before (Winston), PvE is far too short and is a disappointment compared to the teasers. I was expecting some kind of bike-riding mechanic at the very least.

Disappointing.

9 Likes

i say about 5 or 6. Not really because of reusable resources, since that is common in all games, even PayDay and Killing Floor reuses same bots all the time and it’s a game focus purely on PvE Co-op and i love playing those game.

It’s more of the map design feels.

I give it a 3. The entire “operation” of it makes absolutely zero sense. First, why would they send Winston, a scientist on a special op?

You literally walk from 1 building to another building. Guys GUYS! They’re hiding in 2 buildings, half a block away from each other! Gotta send genji and winston!! Poorly constructed, poorly thought out.

Thirdly, ohhhh how convenient! Our secret base of operations would be much better with a random truck filled with bombs that couldn’t ever, in absolutely no way, be used to break through a gate, making our VIP vulnerable to capture and subsequent interrogation.

This makes me think Blizz’s content development meetings kind of occur like this:
They sit at a round table, eating kale chips (thanks jeff), and ask the deeply probing questions: “How can we hype this up as much as possible, create the cheapest, least overhead-intensive event possible, while still getting them to buy lootboxes?”
On top of that, they KNOW they did a poor job because Jeff is already advertising how A-MEI-ZING the Anniversary skins will be.

17 Likes

Strictly talking about the gameplay, it’s a 3/10.

New map is genuinely awesome though, but the actual event gameplay is just pretty bland. No new enemies or mechanics, just the same as Retribution except a new map and story, though that said the map and story are the best parts of the event.

Not much different to just playing older archives events though. Not really disappointed with it, but it could have been a lot better. Feels like the event was cut in half, or unfinished in terms of how much content there is.

4 Likes