Rant about the borderline abusive treatment of Sombra

Eh, I mean I’m with you in that I don’t think these changes will ruin her and I don’t think we can fully comprehend her capabilities yet, but there are some things with it that are kind of dumb. Like Translocator definitely needs more than 5 hp and op is right that it being destroyable in the air just…doesn’t make sense. Seeing as blizzard never mastered the art of actually getting you to the translocator when you throw it in the air.

I am a sombra main and I’m kinda looking forward to the changes because being able to cancel translocator has been a request of mine for the longest time. But the 4 meter detection radius was a thing and they retracted because of complaints because a skinny Mexican girl having the detection radius the size of winston’s Bubble was…kind of really really dumb.

People have complained about tracer being unfun since launch, mercy has been called unfun. Widow, Hanzo, unfun. Are you just referring to sombra and roadhog here? I’m trying to feed my thoughts with this but they keep on spitting it out because it’s too vague

I’d make a joke about bastion…
But I’m running out of originality.

I’m not saying that I’m for or against the changes, I just don’t think anyone should be calling them nerfs at this point.

The devs made changes to the patch notes but you should know that what’s on the ptr is final by now, all the surprises are done with.

Tracer is their golden girl, she’s not getting nerfed. Hanzo got buffed to make him less annoying, lucky him, it wasn’t a nerf, I’ll admit that he’s an exception. I forgot about Mercy, didn’t they change rez to make it more fun (for the other players)? Lol, you’ve got me sounding like a member of the revert army. At least the devs brought Mei back after sending her to the shadow realm.

Im gonna make the changes work either way, because I’m wayyy too stubborn to stop playing a hero just because the devs don’t want me to.

And I dunno, I mean you might be right, but they could make number tweaks. I wouldn’t be shocked.
I don’t think they’re going to go back on anything, but who knows, maybe we could get some qol and bug fixes before it’s over

1 Like

A QoL thread would be a good idea.

You’re 100% right…which is why I said her treatment is borderline abusive haha. I feel bad for Bastion players. They just need to revert the changes they made to Sentry and Tank and he’d be so much better…sadly he just sucks right now and the devs never go back on their word.

I would have an opinion about Bastion but I don’t play him. All I know is people say they want him to be better but they truly don’t. Doomfist is an example of how I know they don’t because they begged for a character named Doomfist which I knew by name was going to have a one-shot.

Then later they say…

Why can Doomfist one-shot people?

Hmm…I wonder why…

How many threads have been made about Sombra? And how many of them have been absolutely ignored?

It makes me so upset as a Sombra main seeing her go further down the rabbit hole.

1 Like

I like almost all of the op’s suggestions, especially the one about sugar skulls over hacked targets. I’m not so sure about the “adaptive shield” type damage threshold for hacking.

I’d be more comfortable with Sombra getting a small (around 25hp) amount of bonus shield health when using stealth and hack. Interrupting either ability would require the shield to break.

1 Like

You’re on your way down the rabbit hole yourself, my friend.

Soon you’ll be on the forums regularly making threads to campaign on Sombra’s behalf, until the devs react to the river of well-deserved criticism by putting their fingers in their ears and creating a megathread “to consolidate feedback and keep the front page tidy.”

When you hack Hanzo, but he turns around and headshots you anyway ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

the problem with that tho is hack is so valuable as an ability, and like any other CC it requires massive followup. A hack is basically a 6 second stun while still being able to walk and m1. Hack needs to have this sort of counterplay to not be borderline OP, such as with brig’s 6 to 7s bash cd, it allowed for more counterplay during battles.

And for god’s sake return some semblance of leniency on hack. I get having it instantly interrupted by shields, but a hack shouldn’t be canceled at the last millisecond just because Tracer happened to blink away out of your view or Genji happened to dash or Mercy happened to go behind a lamp post or stupid stuff like that.

2 Likes

lol

yet for some reason you have probably tried to play tracer or genji at some point and given up on them because you couldn’t get into the swing of their mechanics.

hack and brigitte can get deleted from the game, have you not seen the constant stream of whining about brigitte since her release? A stun half the size of a Reinhardt shield and as thick as 1 1/2 Winstons on a 5 second cooldown and an ultimate that practically makes her invincible.

brigitte is totally busted and the absolute worst thing that has ever happened to Overwatch.

Tracer has plenty of counters and outdueling one is a skill based matchup. If you want hard counters then go back to WoW.

Tracer counters Tracer.

What you know about that? Oh, right. Nothing. Because you can’t play Tracer; you just want to be able to sentence her to death with a now basically instant ability that isn’t even aimed.

just shoot her and call out when her recall is down, you don’t even play against any good tracers for pete’s sake :roll_eyes:

This is why I don’t argue with Sombra players.

community: im getting hacked through walls wtf
sombra players: oh thats balanced learn to swap

Someone’s a rude little baby. I have my second most hours on Genji, I don’t play tracer so you’re half right but she’s a lot easier in comparison to Sombra.

Try effeciently hacking her. Also you’re agreeing with point so I’m not sure what you’re trying to say

Tracer has one effecient counter now. Another Tracer is not considered a counter to tracer because neither of them are able to consistently pressure each other.

I think you don’t argue with us because you don’t understand.

Almost all sombra players agree the bug where you could hack through walls was busted. The 2 second punishment wasn’t needed.

If you needed a stun the size of an ancient egyptian slab to “efficiently counter” tracer, chances are you probably aren’t really countering her

it is frustrating to be stunned and instantly killed by a hero that is even less complicated to play than reinhardt or junkrat, but is by no means any kind of “hard counter”, especially in lower SR games

I still play plenty of Tracer and I am never put out just because someone is playing Brigitte.

I am way more likely to get hung up trying to take out supports that are pocketing each other and struggling because the only other dps on my team is a Hanzo shooting a frickin barrier or a Junkrat that keeps solo ulting the enemy Genji.

oh so you should just be able to spam hack until someone has to reload and finally get it off? like dude lol with the latency in this game i doubt someone could keep interrupting you with quick melee.

Tracer’s whole mechanical style made it near impossible to do anything but prevent her from getting kills at higher levels of play. A master+ Tracer was hard as hell to kill before the Hanzo and Widow buffs, followed by Brigitte.

A half decent Sombra just holds off hacking until you reload regardless. It doesn’t make a difference.

why are you worried about masters? you don’t play in masters lol

its the same thing w/ every person i talk to lmao, they are so obsessed with the fact that they can’t kill Tracer even if no one on their team is dying.

The competitive platform is not a battle royale or a deathmatch… if you are stopping her from getting kills you are stopping her from being effective, stopping her from doing her job.

she might as well be dead because she is doing a whole lot of nothing with her time.

I agree.

I’m pretty confused as to where you’re coming from even after this. Do you agree with me or do you disagree.