Rant about the borderline abusive treatment of Sombra

That would be fair. I don’t think hack should have that 2 second cooldown but it’s better than how it is now.

I think the 2 second cool down is necessary to prevent the “hold button until success” playstyle, but sometimes it’s a bit much.

It’s a non-issue imo.

that’s how it works.

However bittersweet it might be all I can say is how razor thin the margins of balance for a hero like sombra are. Mei suffers a similar life. Heavy control or hard cc in a game like this is brutal, see a million miles of Brigitte stun threads. I’m not saying hack is the same, but hard cc is hard.

I have complete empathy, but even the slightest turn of the knob in the wrong direction and she becomes the single greatest game breaking hero in the history of games. See any character with stealth ever.

Even now however weak she might be, hack is a nightmare. She doesn’t get the kill on anything other than zens, but it’s a borderline death sentence without intelligent support for certain heroes even in its nerfed state. Im not complaining it’s just a fact.

I don’t know what the answer is. They created a can be monster and now they don’t know what to do with it.

This part made me laugh so hard because its so F-ing true!!! I feel like that every time I play her and when asked about her I always say she’s kind of.

But I love the post here and it reminds me of my post I made which also talked about Ana along with Sombra who is very similar to her.

But I made it clear that both characters are treated very bias and its very disrespectful for what they did to us.

2 Likes

Lots of heroes get treated unfairly. I know that that isn’t very constructive but at this point, neither are these Sombra threads.

This thread spare the nonsense, is the definition of constructive, they lay out (in rather great detail) their issue with Sombra’s current state and then provides solutions, that’s textbook constructive criticism.

Now, do I agree with their point? No.

1 Like

And yet nothing seems to be done about it. Or rather, whenever something is done about it… things get made worse.

1 Like

Sombra will never be good, because players don’t want to play against stealth heroes.

There are too many MMO/MOBA players coming to Overwatch and thinking stealth mechanics can only work like those genres, so they won’t accept the possibility that a stealth hero can be good and balanced in a FPS environment.

If Sombra was as useful as Tracer or Widowmaker, you’d have easily ten times as many posts complaining about her as you see complaining about Brigitte.

1 Like

It’s the nth time, what’s being said that hasn’t already? The devs are obviously going to move ptr Sombra to live. Best advice for Sombra mains: chill out, wait for the next patch, bring out the bags of “I told you so.”

I’m sorry about the whole Sombra ordeal😭

Sombra mains are backed by jelly though, let’s do this❤️

3 Likes

Basically, yeah. You ever notice how it’s the unfun heroes that get nerfed unfairly, or is that just a coincidence? Food for thought.

1 Like

This post summarizes the Sombra Experience. Sombra gets nerfed for no reason, people say "just wait for the next patch and use the metrics to say “I told you so”.

This happens every patch.

1 Like

Ok first of all, this isn’t a nerf, its sweeping changes that Sombra players don’t want. Secondly, none of this info is new, it’s just the same “we don’t like the ptr changes and the devs are ignoring us.” Thirdly, yes, lots of patches have put lots of nails in lots of coffins.

Eh, I mean I’m with you in that I don’t think these changes will ruin her and I don’t think we can fully comprehend her capabilities yet, but there are some things with it that are kind of dumb. Like Translocator definitely needs more than 5 hp and op is right that it being destroyable in the air just…doesn’t make sense. Seeing as blizzard never mastered the art of actually getting you to the translocator when you throw it in the air.

I am a sombra main and I’m kinda looking forward to the changes because being able to cancel translocator has been a request of mine for the longest time. But the 4 meter detection radius was a thing and they retracted because of complaints because a skinny Mexican girl having the detection radius the size of winston’s Bubble was…kind of really really dumb.

People have complained about tracer being unfun since launch, mercy has been called unfun. Widow, Hanzo, unfun. Are you just referring to sombra and roadhog here? I’m trying to feed my thoughts with this but they keep on spitting it out because it’s too vague

I’d make a joke about bastion…
But I’m running out of originality.

I’m not saying that I’m for or against the changes, I just don’t think anyone should be calling them nerfs at this point.

The devs made changes to the patch notes but you should know that what’s on the ptr is final by now, all the surprises are done with.

Tracer is their golden girl, she’s not getting nerfed. Hanzo got buffed to make him less annoying, lucky him, it wasn’t a nerf, I’ll admit that he’s an exception. I forgot about Mercy, didn’t they change rez to make it more fun (for the other players)? Lol, you’ve got me sounding like a member of the revert army. At least the devs brought Mei back after sending her to the shadow realm.

Im gonna make the changes work either way, because I’m wayyy too stubborn to stop playing a hero just because the devs don’t want me to.

And I dunno, I mean you might be right, but they could make number tweaks. I wouldn’t be shocked.
I don’t think they’re going to go back on anything, but who knows, maybe we could get some qol and bug fixes before it’s over

1 Like

A QoL thread would be a good idea.