Ranking up from the wrong rank

I was in the process of playing a game while I was ranked as plat 5. This game was the final one I needed to win in order to move up in rank. However, after winning the game, it was revealed that I was actually ranked as gold 4 and my rank was moved up from gold 4 to gold 1. This is not me complaining about the competitive ranking system, this is a legitimate bug that should be fixed and this is the third time this has happend to me.

4 Likes

I have the same issue and it has happened twice and I give up playing rank now. I was plat 5 and the game showed the animation I was gold 5 and moved to gold 1. There’s another guy who recorded this: 7 mars 2023 - YouTube

2 Likes

It made me stop play dps for the entirety of season 2. also that video does not show what rank he was before the rank up, but i assume its legit because he went from gold 5 to gold 1 which very rarely happens normally

2 Likes

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

same thing happened to me…Ranked up from wrong rank…

1 Like