Ranking up from Plat 4

This is the 4th time, but I’m in Platinum 4 and then I have a fantastic run, 5 straight wins for DPS and when I rank up, it shows gold 4 to gold 1.
Playing on PS4/PS5

Over the last week I was grinding each role to Platinum, stopping in P4 for DPS P5 for Support and currently Silver 2 for tank, but I took a break from grinding to play my favorite role, however this has happened each time I make it to what should be my next rank above P4, I instead show a 5-0 win streak and then somehow rank down multiple rankings. The problem isnt that I’m ranking down though, the game shows instead of P4, P5, Gold 1, it goes P4, G4, G3, G2, G1.

1 Like

I’m currently trapped at a certain rank despite having impressive stats, a high win rate, and advanced game sense. It’s exasperating to play with teammates who lack communication skills, proper positioning, and target focus. The latest ranking system doesn’t seem to be aiding my situation. Kindly address this issue, @Blizzard.

1 Like

I don’t mean that specifically. I mean it’s still possible to lose below where I’m at but it rarely isn’t a roll for me to them in dps when it keeps putting me back there, i can agree with that. But its happened many times in a row and I’m not losing

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like