Ranking Ults. Give Opinions

And the fact that she can dish out the most amount of AoE healing out of all the healers in the game, heal behind barriers with her orbs, damage behind barriers with her orbs, deal with flankers, get away from any dangerous spot with Fade (most notably a diving Doomfist) and is heavily meta favored due to range not being an issue. She’s not going to be meta after the next patch though even though it’s going to still be double barriers

Completely false. It’s the one issue with her ult. The modified hitbox works against her as it locks her in a predictable position where her model doesn’t do any wavy movement put together with how she has to directly point at the point of interest. The movement speed is a bit nice, but in high tier she dies a lot to Widow/Hanzo headshots, Doomfist punches, Roadhog hooks, Orisa’s pull negates the speed for a while, Rein’s shatter lands on her 100%, she can’t escape Grav, she can’t fade or outheal Dragon blade, RIP-Tire, EMP, outheal Death Blossom, outheal Tactival Visor, escape or outkill Dead Eye, escape Self-destruct, escape or outheal Junkrat 2-tap at close range, Fade Config. Tank, Fade Barrage, outheal Pharmercy, outheal B.O.B., Fade away from Blizzard or Mei freeze in general (which kills her with a hs) and so on

I’m not sure what’s your frame of reference since I don’t know if you play in low or high tier games, but in high tier games it makes her situationally vulnerable to a lot of things that can happen simply because of her locked model, locked point of interest and inability to use Fade.

I think its funny that anyone can only name 4 ults in the game better than coelesance haha

1 Like

On your list, I’d put her around spot #20 I think. Or #15? Or 25? Anything but last LOL.

As I’m looking at this list trying to place her, I just realized it’s actually super hard to make a list because some ults are really strong but others are way more consistent, if less good, this was a crazy endeavor you have taken on. And then you put in on a public forum for everyone to criticze and offer their own take, I’d go insane if I were you LOL now I feel bad

Good luck ahh

1 Like

Haha. Thanks bro. Its not to hard its just for fun. I dont get upset i just enjoy when people come on here and change my mind about things like you, or they say coelesance is a top 5 ult haha. That still makes me laugh

1 Like

LOL

How dare you. It is the best ult out of all the builders.
Think about it harder. It isn’t your redbull 4k pogchamp, but the big brain factor alone should clear it of dead last.

Aren’t there like… 2 builders? And both of them trash?

I just find every single other ultimate much more useful.

So you factored in counterability, yet Dragonblade ended up on top over EMP, Trans, and Grav?

Huh… Interesting.

Its not only counterabilty. There are multiple factoids

1. EMP
  2. Sound Barrier
  3. Gravitic Flux
  4. Transcendence
  5. Blizzard
  6. Infra Sight

The rest are pretty situational IMO, but that’s my opinion.

Such as? As far as effictiveness over counters, there’s a lot of ults better.

Trans can cancel a ton of ults (including Dragonblade) and the only way to prevent it is with Ana’s longest CD.

Grav and EMP are almost always guaranteed team wipes unless you’re positioned super spread out, whereas D-Blade can be countered by pretty much any CC or mobility and even when it goes through it usually only gets 2, maybe 3 kills max.

It’s not trash like some people like to pretend, sure, but I just feel like a ton of ults are better than Genji’s.

Yeah i feel like people either think Blade is the best or that its trash haha. Also you are aruging for trans being good. I literally have it in my top 5, you dont gotta tell me how great it is.

I consider Sym, Torb, Bast as builders. They involve a lot of setup and map coverage. All have mediocre ults (which I am fine with). Back in 2017 you would get warnings if you picked a builder-heavy comp “too many builders”. The related category, ‘deployables’, means shields, lamp, s76 heal, mei stuff, anything that lingers in the built environment, etc.

I mean, it is your list so you do what you want! The Sym ult was my only real critique - being that I main her and you ranked it last - I was just wondering if you really appreciate/considered all you can do with it.

But I think if you’re doing a power rankings of ultimates, you have to consider the free-agency and solo impact.

It is great if an ultimate (like EMP or Grav) can scale under good team coordination or special tactics, you’ll get tremendous value there - but a lot more often the Overwatch we live in just comes down to high impact low effort reward cycles - and the derpy surefire ults that do that readily are more deserving of top ranks imo.

Im not 100 percent sure about what you are arguing here if we’re being honest haha

I think EMP should be #1 for sure. There is basically no counter to it.

the fact you put dragon blade at number one and that possibly is the most niche ult due to the fact on its own it will never get kills unless you focus the whole 8 seconds on someone with genji having infinite cooldowns and 900000000 health
the ultimates without damage boost is useless
Nano makes it so much more
Nano should be number 1 and dragon blade should be 14

I don’t want to rank all of them but top 3 are:

1. Valkyrie (most versatile, best combination of rewarding game sense and mechanical skill at the same time)
  2. Self Destruct (effective, hard to use to max value, doesn’t have to kill to be effective)
  3. Barrage (high risk/high reward, takes skill to use and counter)

Yeah but the thing about emp is you need to relay on others to follow up on it. Its great in terms of hard to counter, but if your team is incompetent its not the best ult. Overall its still an amazing ult though

I’m wondering if you’re ranking on ‘skillcap’ (let us say, utilization complexity), impact with a team, or impact solo, or just overall impact no matter what.

Cause if you’re going for overall impact no matter what you’re into the line of robust, surefire ults that derp results even when you have no real team/combo.