Ranking Ults. Give Opinions

the fact you put dragon blade at number one and that possibly is the most niche ult due to the fact on its own it will never get kills unless you focus the whole 8 seconds on someone with genji having infinite cooldowns and 900000000 health
the ultimates without damage boost is useless
Nano makes it so much more
Nano should be number 1 and dragon blade should be 14

I don’t want to rank all of them but top 3 are:

1. Valkyrie (most versatile, best combination of rewarding game sense and mechanical skill at the same time)
  2. Self Destruct (effective, hard to use to max value, doesn’t have to kill to be effective)
  3. Barrage (high risk/high reward, takes skill to use and counter)

Yeah but the thing about emp is you need to relay on others to follow up on it. Its great in terms of hard to counter, but if your team is incompetent its not the best ult. Overall its still an amazing ult though

I’m wondering if you’re ranking on ‘skillcap’ (let us say, utilization complexity), impact with a team, or impact solo, or just overall impact no matter what.

Cause if you’re going for overall impact no matter what you’re into the line of robust, surefire ults that derp results even when you have no real team/combo.

Is this a troll post? Please tell me it is… please

Not at all. I made a whole thread on why Valkyrie is awesome last year. It’s by far the most flexible ult and it allows for a huge amount of creativity and skill.

The factors are plainly laid out in the original post.

Yeah, but it’s pretty counterable. A good team will counter Dragonblade used by itself. EMP also directly counters dragonblade.

Also, he lists Graviton surge higher than EMP despite requiring follow up just as much and Graviton having much harder counters.

1 Like

Yes, your opinion on valkyarie seem super super biased. Also, the fact that you have barrage as 3rd is nuts, its literally just a suicide button, in most cases

Valk is way to low on the list.

Again, are you talking about theoretical effectiveness in a perfect team with ideal conditions and wombo combos, or just ‘typical’ aka avg ladder effectiveness no matter what (implying value when used solo).

Cause stuff like Graviton Surge is about as ‘overall effective’ as an Orisa halt and you have it rank2. Trans is ‘overall effective’ as a baptiste lamp and you have it rank3.

1 Like

Biased like…as in an opinion? Like you asked for in your title? Valkyrie is great for great players and bad for bad players so how people feel about it is usually telling. Barrage is only a suicide button if you use it wrong.

I’d put EMP at #1. No bias here…:wink:

1 Like

Bro, you cant use barrage right. Every person aiming at a stand still target hovering above them. If your in silver sure, but anyone with game sense will own pharah unless she gets lucky

My personal list :

Top best 3 :

1. Graviton Surge - it can work with almost everything
  2. EMP - Ability to shut down enemy team is amazing
  3. Sound Barrier - Can save team wipe from hairy situations

The worst 3 :

1. Valkyrie - You fly, and give AOE Heals/Damage…
  2. Emplication Matrix - This ability is just weird. It require voice channel, most of the times you’re lucky if even one guy comes to shoot trough it.
  3. Self Destruct - Too easy to avoid.

I would definitely like Valkyrie and Emplication Matrix rework. Valkyrie - Give instant revive and reset your ability meter whenever you activate ultimate. As for Matrix ultimate, just make it personal ultimate - Let that laser hold small amplication matrix barrier so only you can shot, but you can move with it. You get great healing/damaging boost for short period of time. Might wanna nerf damage, idk… It’s just a thought. :space_invader:

• Gravitic Flux
  • Graviton Surge
  • EMP
  • Super Charger
  • Rip Tire
  • Transendance
  • Sound Barrier
  • Earth Shatter
  • Dragon Blade
  • B.O.B
  • Blizzard
  • Death Blossom
  • Whole Hog
  • Barrage
  • Amplification Matrix
  • Molten Core
  • Valkyrie
  • Nano Boost
  • Minefield
  • Dragon Strike
  • Dead Eye
  • Coelesance
  • Photon Barrier
  • Tactical Visor
  • Configuration: Tank
  • Pulse Bomb
  • Self Destruct
  • Rally
  • Infra Sight
  • Meteor Strike
  • Primal Rage

If you just bait all enemies ult by pressing Q as genji then probably there’s some reason right.

I do think Dragonblade is the best ultimate in the game, even if you just kill 1 enemy

Ive noticed you have whole hog high and primal rage low

I would put meteor strike low, maybe even last. It is super hard to get kills without comboing with your team, and is often just an escape tool.

Try shooting through it yourself. Baptiste does enough damage to pretty much instakill a squishy if you get headshots through the matrix. I’ll also kill a tank astonishingly fast.

You can also double your healing by firing healing shots through it.

1 Like