Ranking Issues with Season 4 should be fixed now

Morgan Maddren (Blizzard Server Engineer)

For top GM players there had been some unintended inflation prior to S4 that S4 fixed.

For everyone else, your ranks should now reflect your true MMR (unless if you logged in during the first hour of the patch and we accidentally decayed S4 ranks too, that issue will resolve on that rank when you get your first rank update)

https://twitter.com/SrslyPaladin/status/1645919588893462528

3 Likes

Def had a better match after the fix. Hopefully other players are experiencing improvements now?

1 Like

So if I just had waited an hour to log in I would have avoided being angry and playing tilted the entire night? nice…

1 Like

Nice Blizzard… another bug to the list, I lost the S3 rewards and now I have to win 5 to see if the bug is fixed.

2 Likes

It’s on the list

3 Likes

Yeah that’s usually how patch day goes in these games

Playing right at the patch is usually when the game is at it’s jankiest

4 Likes

But how do they f up the one thing I came back for?! I came back last season because I knew the would not just cut my rank again. Grinding half a season to get back to where you were was the dumbest decision they every made for this game, thank god they said they would change it.

But then they just kinda forget? wat…

I know mistakes happen, but with the way this game has been treated the last 4 years. I have lost any way to sympathize.

And ranked mystery heroes is gone without a world. I enjoyed that, was nice with a less toxic ranked experience for once.

2 Likes

They didn’t forget to change it, they just put you back to whatever you were before they implemented the system.

I can say personally that I was Diamond/Diamond/Grandmaster at the end of OW1, ended last season at Platinum/Gold/Diamond, and am now Diamond/Diamond/Grandmaster again

2 Likes

So they basically wanted to hard sync everybody’s SR to match their MMR.

But something went wrong. And now they fixed it.

But even then, hard syncing SR to match MMR is going to shuffle around some people’s SR up or down a bit.

1 Like

Well, I’m glad they fixed it. Still ruined my night. At lest I never made it above dia1 last season. Losing the master title would maby piss me off even more.

1 Like

Shoutout to people accusing everyone of being at the rank they deserve and trash talking them

6 Likes

But do you get your end of season rewards after your first ranked update?

3 Likes

That’s what it says

* We are investigating an issue where Season Three end-of-season final ranks were modified causing lower tier rewards issued for some players, and for current rankings to have wrongly decayed. Players who reach their next Competitive Update should receive their expected ranks.

1 Like

This is pretty accurate.

I’m not saying that’s how it should be at all but it’s kind of your fault for not knowing better. I’ll remind you that yes, it is also their fault for not doing better but I guess it’s just how it is, patches usually come with bugs and “bugs” so.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that it does say that. It looks like it’s just saying that they should receive their expected ranks, but I don’t think it’s saying anything about the ranked rewards like the titles

1 Like

Yeah, you might be right about that

1 Like

Yup. But people will still complain if in their case the rank will go down…which I think we are already seeing on the forums.

1 Like

Ok just to wrap things up: I was in masters 4 at end of season 3 with a “final (deranked)” rank of diamond 5. I just finished my first 5 wins, got placed into masters, but still did not get masters title because I was “deranked” to diamond at the beginning of the season. Disappointing

2 Likes

So don’t play the game after a patch until hours later? This still clarifies nothing about why my previous seasons rank was changed. That makes zero sense still. Will that not be address at all? Will it just say I finished a full rank under again despite playing in that rank all season? Will I not get any of the rewards?

-No rank decay s4

• accidentally decayed s4 ranks too
    -problem was most people where too low so this adjustment was to make the game better
    -most peoples ranks decayed

Am I just never going to see any of the diamond rewards?

1 Like

Yeah it is our fault for expecting a company with $7.8 billion in revenue to not totally bork a patch and thoroughly follow a DEV-QA-PROD pipeline that is standard in every other single software industry

1 Like