Ranking Issues with Season 4 should be fixed now

They didn’t forget to change it, they just put you back to whatever you were before they implemented the system.

I can say personally that I was Diamond/Diamond/Grandmaster at the end of OW1, ended last season at Platinum/Gold/Diamond, and am now Diamond/Diamond/Grandmaster again

2 Likes

So they basically wanted to hard sync everybody’s SR to match their MMR.

But something went wrong. And now they fixed it.

But even then, hard syncing SR to match MMR is going to shuffle around some people’s SR up or down a bit.

1 Like

Well, I’m glad they fixed it. Still ruined my night. At lest I never made it above dia1 last season. Losing the master title would maby piss me off even more.

1 Like

Shoutout to people accusing everyone of being at the rank they deserve and trash talking them

6 Likes

But do you get your end of season rewards after your first ranked update?

3 Likes

That’s what it says

* We are investigating an issue where Season Three end-of-season final ranks were modified causing lower tier rewards issued for some players, and for current rankings to have wrongly decayed. Players who reach their next Competitive Update should receive their expected ranks.

1 Like

This is pretty accurate.

I’m not saying that’s how it should be at all but it’s kind of your fault for not knowing better. I’ll remind you that yes, it is also their fault for not doing better but I guess it’s just how it is, patches usually come with bugs and “bugs” so.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that it does say that. It looks like it’s just saying that they should receive their expected ranks, but I don’t think it’s saying anything about the ranked rewards like the titles

1 Like

Yeah, you might be right about that

1 Like

Yup. But people will still complain if in their case the rank will go down…which I think we are already seeing on the forums.

1 Like

Ok just to wrap things up: I was in masters 4 at end of season 3 with a “final (deranked)” rank of diamond 5. I just finished my first 5 wins, got placed into masters, but still did not get masters title because I was “deranked” to diamond at the beginning of the season. Disappointing

2 Likes

So don’t play the game after a patch until hours later? This still clarifies nothing about why my previous seasons rank was changed. That makes zero sense still. Will that not be address at all? Will it just say I finished a full rank under again despite playing in that rank all season? Will I not get any of the rewards?

-No rank decay s4

• accidentally decayed s4 ranks too
    -problem was most people where too low so this adjustment was to make the game better
    -most peoples ranks decayed

Am I just never going to see any of the diamond rewards?

1 Like

Yeah it is our fault for expecting a company with $7.8 billion in revenue to not totally bork a patch and thoroughly follow a DEV-QA-PROD pipeline that is standard in every other single software industry

1 Like

Just because ActivisionBlizzard has a lot of money, doesn’t mean the Overwatch team is getting the budget it needs.

1 Like

Would be nice if patches worked fine, but considering you can expect them not to it’s your own fault if you play the game anyways

1 Like

So how do we escalate/tell them about this bs? I finally got to diamond last season, all the way to D2 and they put me in plat 4! And never gave me my diamond challenger title. Then they just post on the forums that’ll be fixed when u rank, but it did nothing. My friend who has always been synced with me went back to diamond after his 5 matches. Like howtf do we raise this so they fix it?? Literally the worst gaming company in the industry. So trash.

2 Likes

Your rank in Season 4 will be fixed, if you do a rank update.

But the Season 3 rewards aren’t fixed yet.

That said, if your rank went down in Season 4, chances are your SR was higher than your MMR.

2 Likes

There we go

1 Like

Yeah, so in my case, my account had the ranking issue. And this whole “play until your next competitive update” is b.s. I suffered from the original ranking bug issue and instead of staying the same rank or going up with 5-3, I got put into Bronze 5 afterward? And have to deal with the permanent Bronze 5 bug. Like, cmon fix your game

5 Likes

I have been playing since the new season came out and I am still bronze 5. I have won 5 games in a row as dps with positive stats multple times and it just tells me I have met the MINIMUM requirement to be bronze 5. please fix this

3 Likes