Ranked rating getting reset/lowered 5 tiers

I’ve seen other people posting about this too but After going 5-3(5-4 maybe) in my games at master 3 I was brought out to the animation for my rank change. Instead of showing I was a master it put me at diamond 3 and then proceeded to promote me to diamond 2 all in one go. Even if this wasn’t a glitch I’ve never heard of being demoted 5 levels and then being ranked up 1 at the same exact time. I imagine I was suppose to go to master 2 but the glitch reset me back an entire division before the promotion/during my 5th win. The support team also wasn’t much help and told me I should just come here to make a complaint about it. From what I’ve seen on the forums it’s effecting a small amount of people at all ranks from plat/gold to gm. I’ve also seen from the complaints that it’s typically 5 tiers specifically which is also weird. Here’s the link to my video where you see me going from master 3 to diamond 3 and then being promoted to diamond 2. I had to make a whole Reddit community just to post it lol. https://www.reddit.com/r/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeee/comments/11nyzbr/overwatch_rank_glitch/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

5 Likes

I experienced the same bug 3 times during last 2 months! It was in season 2 and in season 3 as well.
Every time it was: I am at gold 4. I finish requalification sequence, I see animation of ranking up from 4 silver to 1 silver.

2 Likes

Yep I’m refusing to play until I see some acknowledgement of this issue. There’s no point in grinding/wasting my free time just to have my progress taken away and get told too bad, so sad by the support team.

2 Likes

Just copying my response here: Visual quality aside, this clip is exactly what we were looking for to prove this five subdivision demotion bug. Thank you so much for this, I’ve put a link to it in my thread as well: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your link under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment & Reddit Links. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Thanks man and I’ll do what I can to spread it

1 Like

Thank you for helping spread the word, hopefully the Devs will appreciate our efforts soon, too.