Ranked Matching

Post your own vods then? I bet my <500 can find mistakes in your play. Hindsight coaching is so ez it’s puke worthy. Anyone can watch a VoD and call out mistakes and sub-optimalities. At timestamp 3:18 you zigged, but we recommend zagging. Do more zagging and you’ll rank up.

Meanwhile OWL coaches are plat/dia. This game bottlenecks your reaction time and aim %, wayyy before it braincaps you. It’s not some complicated depth=18 analysis that beats someone’s shallow depth=12 pawn structure.

It’s derpwatch. You cheese in groups, or you take your chances in solo queue. You grind a meaningless alt-infested 5+ years no-reset SR number. You do this, in a system that hides your actual performance assessments and rigs games for you based on it (MMR).

True…bettering your stats correlates with improvement. They don’t promise it (you can pad stats and be terrible). Some off-the-cuff indicator(s) would be k/d per healing received or resource consumed (cds, map displacement, apm drops). And some kind of cd cost per ult charge reduction (do your cds stop other people from gaining ult charge or stopping their ults). Sabermetrics are fun, but I digress here.

1 Like

But I do not pad my stats. I do not go for Gold medals in whatever. Do not go for Gold healing, or damage blocked, or damage done in general or kills or whatever the majority of low elo players like to boast about.

Since I play support in like 90% of my games, most of the times I do not even pay attention to what my healing is at. There is no point in having 30k healing if you fail to provide anything else apart from that.

The less low elo people take their stats into account the more they would be climbing. But that is just my opinion. Starting one’s complaint topics with I had Gold in this or that says more about them tryin to compensate for their other shortcomings rather than them actually influencing the match in other departments.

Truth be told you can complain about this game in a lot of different ways and be right in those complaints, but what you cannot complain is how you personally decide to approach a match you get Q-up in.

This game is most definitely not about “I have better aim so I win”. It helps, of course it does, and it does decide matches in some cases, but there are so many things one can compensate for the lack of aim itself and vice versa. This game is so versatile with different combos that there is actually no way one can “dry up” with the means of how to win a match.

2 Likes

I started this game in bronze. I carried myself out on DPS, I nearly got plat last season. Blizz can’t control the people that play this game.

The ranking system isn’t broken or there wouldn’t be any other ranks. It’s a team game, I suggest queueing in a group to ensure the quality of your team mates.

2 Likes

Seems like you read my comment wrong. I specifically stated:

Everyone can find mistakes in other people’s plays. What I was talking about is specifically mistakes that has led him to loose those games. I myself make a ton of mistakes, though because I have spent time improving myself both mechanically with Aim Trainers and gamesense wise with VOD Reviews, I have climbed from Gold to Masters.

Also I really doubt OP was carrying. I believe he is unaware of his own play and focuses too much on teammates which leads him to seeing their mistakes and blame them, but none of his own.

2 Likes

I’ve climbed from bronze to gold twice. Once, when the game was new, and again recently when I came back from a long break (sank from gold to bronze first, because I was rusty). Both times climbing took hundreds of games. Both for me to get better, and to overcome all the randomness in games.

1 Like

I agree with the sentiment of your thread, if not the exact wording. Have you read my thread about handicapping/MMR?

2 Likes

You wasted your time.

1 Like

I’m the first reply to your thread.

At least I’m actually playing the game, instead of just the forums.

2 Likes

Can you stop spamming that thread? We’ve all seen it, and most of us still think it’s irrelevant in almost every thread you’ve spammed it in, just let it go to the crypt, us the community have nothing that can change the way Blizzard runs their game, you have no proof, no legitimate answers, and just poison the mind of people, who like the rest of us, have no idea how this game is run. Stop spreading unwanted and unproven theories through hearsay.

1 Like

Just did my placements, got 5x times support queuing as flex. :smile: Strange. :laughing:

But MM seems to be ok. Overall a little more gold player (I am low silver support) then expected … :sweat_smile: Not to bad. :slightly_smiling_face:

Exactly my point. Handicapped competitive play is a waste of time.

Why are you still posting hateful comments towards the game owners if you don’t even play the game? Don’t worry, I dont even expect an answer from you for at least 6 days since you ignore me.

1 Like

Try to duoqueue+ then

I am angry with Blizzard for the time I wasted with their deceptively engineered product. If I had known the terms of use I would not have engaged with competitive play, because handicapping ranked competitive play is a sham.

1 Like

And yet, it seems they have won, even after purchasing and agreeing to their terms, you still remain, slandering their name.

1 Like

Exposure isn’t slander. And judging from the 50+ esport layoffs, I’d say he’s winning. It’s just not a competitive experience, the playerbase knows/feels it. It’s top heavy, and imploding. Hence the non-sustainable model and subsequent layoffs.

Without physical evidence, exposure is slander.

Lack of willing sponsors.

Agreed, we’re all still here, including people who haven’t played in years.

I still highly enjoy playing this game, and not just complaining about nonsense here on the forums.

Again lack of sponsors, although it could be due to the ongoing (laughable in my opinion) Global Pandemic causing lack of work, and countries forcing employees to stay home.

1 Like

Exactly. Who would sponsor a rigged no-reset ladder inflated with alts. Where the actual scoring is hidden. Where you never know your real skill? Who would honestly back that kind of sham. The WWE called - they want their fake sport I mean entertainment back.

There is no real path to pro, so why bother having a pro scene.

We’ve been saying it was going to collapse long before Covid.
For integrity reasons.

Before Covid, the OWL was still being shown on television, with hundreds of thousands of viewers if not more, world wide. (often being shown in local popular bars, including the one I work at)

People get sponsored for playing chess vs AI, this game is just past it’s prime although people still enjoy playing it, the popularity has dropped overall with the release of newer games.
I’ve said it before, and will say it again, I am ALL FOR a complete ladder reset, every season, I can get Bronze games reminding me of how easy they are, or a game full of Master+ players where I can re-live (and horrible fail) where I used to play fore I got hurt.

As for WWE, they were forced to change their name (I remember when it was the WWF, surely you do as well), it wasn’t always fake either (Mankind vs Rick Flair was considered one of the most brutal matches of any physical sport ever aired).

3 Likes

Look man, or lady, or both. I play this game anywhere from like, 1-15 minutes a week! Ive hit as high as 375 SR! I won like…7 games. Also no I didn’t read this post. I have no idea what its about. Not a clue! But I am here to tell you about a low cost hair loss solution that you just wont be able to believe!

I also offer coaching for a nominal fee of course. Private or group sessions. I will be drinking heavily and possibly using other substances and my moms gonna need to be there cause I lost my car and license in a drunk driving accident. I mean nobody died or anything but lets just say miss Johnsons house wasnt deigned with a drive thru but I think its kinda nice to have exposure to nature like that.

anyways. hit me up for some sweet coaching or whatever and you know itll be cool dawg dont even worry about it.